The Curious Case of Dele Alli | Emotional Overlap interview (p 19)

Neville made a decent point there, he basically had 4 years of any kind of stability in his life and then suddenly he's playing first team football.

It becomes pretty understandable why his career path and life since then has been the way it has.

Neville made a decent point there, he basically had 4 years of any kind of stability in his life and then suddenly he's playing first team football.

It becomes pretty understandable why his career path and life since then has been the way it has.

The reality is although he has struggled recently and his career has gone off the rails,he did amazingly well in the first place......to drag himself from the gutter,surrounded by cunts,and get himself to a place where he was playing wonderful professional football......was/is an incredible achievment.

Hopefully the kid gets himself sorted and back in the game,he has plenty to give on and off the pitch.

An incredible interview, he’s clearly gone through a lot during his childhood which many of us couldn’t even begin to imagine. He mentions he’s found the love for the game again, so if that’s what he wants, I truly hope he rekindles his career.

As for the gutter press who were threatening to expose it all, hope they fucking rot.

I think he's in good hands with Sean Dyche. Not a fan of his tactics, but his players all seem to think he's a really solid person and if he really wants his career back on track, he'll end up fit and working incredbly hard and his talent should shine through.

I wonder what Pep makes of it all, IIRC his daughter was dating Dele Alli for a while.

Well done, Dele Alli. Lovely lad and a world class footballer. It was apparent for years that there was an addiction issue going on, but everyone laughed at the poor lad and the gutter press got their knives out.

That takes so much courage to reach out for the appropriate help, and to then go public over it whilst still young and playing professional football. These issues are endemic in the sport, and hopefully others who have been through childhood trauma and wider issues can take strength from this, in order to take the next step in their lives. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong and has a great season at Everton and gets back in the England setup. Top player, top human.

Id be shocked if Everton play him. Huge financial risk and one they can't afford to get wrong.

The reality is although he has struggled recently and his career has gone off the rails,he did amazingly well in the first place......to drag himself from the gutter,surrounded by cunts,and get himself to a place where he was playing wonderful professional football......was/is an incredible achievment.

Hopefully the kid gets himself sorted and back in the game,he has plenty to give on and off the pitch.

Absolutely but it's probably hard to sustain it when you've had a childhood like that

It's not do dissimilar to Mike Tyson in some ways, he come from a very difficult background with a drug addict and prostitute mother, ended up in crime, then a young offenders prison and end up living with Cus D'Amato who gave him stability for a few years and trained him. He was on top for a few years once he was pro but then ended up in jail and never really the same after that.

Point is that with that kind of childhood, even if people manage to get to the top, it's often going to be a real struggle maintaining it in a stable manner when the first 12 or 13 years of life is damaging and chaotic, then you have a few years of stability and then you're in the spotlight.

Well done to Dele Alli for coming out and speaking. Takes a lot of fucking bottle and courage to lay all your cards vulnerably on the table for the world to see.

Footballers are human, no amount of money and talent can change that.

Hope he can get back to what he was - a fabulous, piercing footballer.

On another related note, he basically says as the start that he’s coming out and talking because tabloids have been contacting his team saying they know where he’s been (rehab). Vermin and rings true of a certain other case this week too.

Last edited:
I disagree.

He is dealing with the demons.....he's a man on a mission,he has unfinished business......i think Everton could have a very focused and committed player again.

I don’t really understand @decmancity ’s comment?

He’s already contracted to Everton, they are going to have to pay him anyway, what’s the financial liability?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.