The Dark Knight Rises.

Vagivoovoo said:
Bigga said:
quiet_riot said:
You're saying that just to be controversial aren't you?

No, I'm not.

paphos-mcfc said:
So you won't be watching then?

I probably will as I live in hope he gets one right. I feel, though, TDK, wil be the best of his efforts.

One thing I've always wondered, is why this billionaire chooses to fook up his vocal chords in the quest to be 'unrecognised' when he could just get a voice emulator...

Healthier, non?

He could set it to 'Barry White' or 'Dalek' if he fancied it...
Surely that's not the movies fault, rather the comic books.

No, it's Nolan's.

The comic books don't have to explain sh*t. They give you the means to fuel your imagination as in YOU fill in the blanks.

Nolan set the The Dark knight in the realms of 'reality'. He chose this stupid means of communication.

Idiot.

Bigga said:
Vagivoovoo said:
Bigga said:
No, I'm not.

I probably will as I live in hope he gets one right. I feel, though, TDK, wil be the best of his efforts.

One thing I've always wondered, is why this billionaire chooses to fook up his vocal chords in the quest to be 'unrecognised' when he could just get a voice emulator...

Healthier, non?

No, it's Nolan's.

The comic books don't have to explain sh*t. They give you the means to fuel your imagination as in YOU fill in the blanks.

Nolan set the The Dark knight in the realms of 'reality'. He chose this stupid means of communication.

Idiot.
I'm just saying that Nolan is staying true to the comic book. No need to call me an idiot.

Bigga said:
Vagivoovoo said:
Bigga said:
No, I'm not.

Healthier, non?

No, it's Nolan's.

Idiot.

Batman has always put on an alternate, often referred to as 'gravelly' voice to differentiate himself from him being Bruce Wayne who is obviously widely known throughout Gotham.

It's referenced in comics, there's one example where Bruce talks to Alfred and Alfred mentions that he's become so used to the Batman voice he has to change back to his Bruce voice.

...Big bang theory moment over.

I am very much looking forward to the new Batman film, and also Spider-man too after the dissapointment that was Spider-man 3.

Vagivoovoo said:
Bigga said:
Vagivoovoo said:

No, it's Nolan's.

Idiot.
I'm just saying that Nolan is staying true to the comic book. No need to call me an idiot.

Mon ami, I wasn't referring to YOU as the idiot. I was referring to Nolan.

Apologies as it wasn't clear and I can see how you could misinterpret the object of my discontent.

I think Nolan's done an excellent job with the Dark Knight trilogy, he's explored area of the Batman character that haven't really been touched on before, and I'm excited to see this go further if he can successfully convey how shitty and messed up Batman feels before his encounter with Bane.

These films have been a far cry from the awful, awful Batman Forever, Batman and Robin type ones.

quiet_riot said:
I think Nolan's done an excellent job with the Dark Knight trilogy, he's explored area of the Batman character that haven't really been touched on before, and I'm excited to see this go further if he can successfully convey how shitty and messed up Batman feels before his encounter with Bane.

These films have been a far cry from the awful, awful Batman Forever, Batman and Robin type ones.
Agree. Burton's Batman's were pretty good too. Nice to see a different interpretation from Nolan.

quiet_riot said:

Interesting.

Nolan's never been a very good character writer (nor has his brother, it seems). I think TDK is the BEST of what he's done. For me, in most of his films, the protagonist is the least interesting character to Nolan. He excels in the world around the protagonist instead.

Bigga said:
quiet_riot said:

Interesting.

Nolan's never been a very good character writer (nor has his brother, it seems). I think TDK is the BEST of what he's done. For me, in most of his films, the protagonist is the least interesting character to Nolan. He excels in the world around the protagonist instead.

Don't forget, the Batman/Wayne character is already written. So maybe it's just the way he's using those ideas, rather than ignoring them like they were before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.