The Dark Knight Rises.

quiet_riot said:
Bigga said:
quiet_riot said:
I think Nolan's done an excellent job with the Dark Knight trilogy, he's explored area of the Batman character that haven't really been touched on before, and I'm excited to see this go further if he can successfully convey how shitty and messed up Batman feels before his encounter with Bane.

These films have been a far cry from the awful, awful Batman Forever, Batman and Robin type ones.

Interesting.

Nolan's never been a very good character writer (nor has his brother, it seems). I think TDK is the BEST of what he's done. For me, in most of his films, the protagonist is the least interesting character to Nolan. He excels in the world around the protagonist instead.

Don't forget, the Batman/Wayne character is already written. So maybe it's just the way he's using those ideas, rather than ignoring them like they were before.

Maybe so, but there has been no* REAL delving into Wayne's character. In fact, it's so skimmed over he might as well don the suit, full stop. Apart from him losing his Ma and Pa and he's 'secretive'; what do you really know??

Nothing.

Nolan's smoke and mirrors. Greatest stunt he's ever pulled.

*edit.

Its nitpicky, but I'm wondering if Bane will be 'big' enough...(oo er missus;)

It looks excellent though, Nolan has done a great job with the reboot...although I fully expect to see it re hashed again in a couple of years a la Spidey.

TFC said:
Its nitpicky, but I'm wondering if Bane will be 'big' enough...(oo er missus;)

It looks excellent though, Nolan has done a great job with the reboot...although I fully expect to see it re hashed again in a couple of years a la Spidey.

Didn't you watch Batman & Robin?! :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzhISE-r5ps[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UuUxqfAOUM[/youtube]
tumblr_lj57goZvBh1qdjdp1o1_500.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.