The Dark Knight Rises.

Bigga said:
quiet_riot said:
Bigga said:
Interesting.

Nolan's never been a very good character writer (nor has his brother, it seems). I think TDK is the BEST of what he's done. For me, in most of his films, the protagonist is the least interesting character to Nolan. He excels in the world around the protagonist instead.

Don't forget, the Batman/Wayne character is already written. So maybe it's just the way he's using those ideas, rather than ignoring them like they were before.

Maybe so, but there has been no* REAL delving into Wayne's character. In fact, it's so skimmed over he might as well don the suit, full stop. Apart from him losing his Ma and Pa and he's 'secretive'; what do you really know??

Nothing.

Nolan's smoke and mirrors. Greatest stunt he's ever pulled.

*edit.

If you're worrying about what drives Batman to do what he does, then you've completely missed the point of the film and wasn't paying attention to the dialogue. Because if there's a message behind Batman, it is that 'it's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurL-EflShY[/youtube]

Careful where you look now! The spoilers are starting to come out. Careful where you read about the film and stuff.

Mark - TheBlue said:
Careful where you look now! The spoilers are starting to come out. Careful where you read about the film and stuff.

Think I have a rough idea where the plot will go just cos I am a fan, but am steering clear of reviews etc anyway until I have seen it. Possible best picture oscar nods going by early reports, its supposed to be that good.

In all seriousness, this is the best Batman series the franchise has yet developed. Burton's Batman was hipster affectation, thankfully erased by Schumacher, IMO.

TFC said:
Mark - TheBlue said:

Think I have a rough idea where the plot will go just cos I am a fan, but am steering clear of reviews etc anyway until I have seen it. Possible best picture oscar nods going by early reports, its supposed to be that good.

Staying well clear. Me mate just tried to ruin it on twitter the ****. Fuck sake have to survive until the 20th.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y6Xx7K6oE[/youtube]

scaled.php

Wouldn't it be cool if the Arkam Asylum story was made into a movie?

Batman going through encountering all of the super villains he's put in there... It would be brilliant.

Morrison and Mckean involved, of course.

nashark said:
Bigga said:
quiet_riot said:
Don't forget, the Batman/Wayne character is already written. So maybe it's just the way he's using those ideas, rather than ignoring them like they were before.

Maybe so, but there has been no* REAL delving into Wayne's character. In fact, it's so skimmed over he might as well don the suit, full stop. Apart from him losing his Ma and Pa and he's 'secretive'; what do you really know??

Nothing.

Nolan's smoke and mirrors. Greatest stunt he's ever pulled.

*edit.

If you're worrying about what drives Batman to do what he does, then you've completely missed the point of the film and wasn't paying attention to the dialogue. Because if there's a message behind Batman, it is that 'it's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you'.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurL-EflShY[/youtube]

Amen to that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.