The Dark Side of The Moon

Seosa

Now, I recently posted Pink Floyd as one of my choices on the "Bands You Don't Get" thread, but as with Radiohead, I eventually gave in and went to find out what the fuss was about. Hence I listened to this album flat out last night and realised why its hyped to the level it is.

So, where does it rank for the 'Mooners?

Pigeonho said:
My favourite album of all time. Listen to it again Seosa, and again and again and again. The last 15 minutes are some of the most fine minutes music has to offer.

Welcome. Now go and buy The Final Cut and you will hear a completely different side to Floyd.

I love how the entire album flows through. I know I'm referring to Radiohead again, but by listening to them, I was able to truly appreciate DSOTM whereas when I've tried to in the past, I've not 'got it'. Now I do.

Seosa said:
Pigeonho said:
My favourite album of all time. Listen to it again Seosa, and again and again and again. The last 15 minutes are some of the most fine minutes music has to offer.

Welcome. Now go and buy The Final Cut and you will hear a completely different side to Floyd.

I love how the entire album flows through. I know I'm referring to Radiohead again, but by listening to them, I was able to truly appreciate DSOTM whereas when I've tried to in the past, I've not 'got it'. Now I do.
My neighbours love Pink Floyd. When I say 'love', they have no choice but to love it because it gets absolutely fucking hammered through my cinema system. ;-)

One of the first albums of its kind.

I remember watching a documentary on how they made Dark Side of the Moon and David Gilmour still had the old equipment they used to make some of the tracks. For example, "On the Run" was one of the earliest forms of the music that's criticised today for having "no effort" put into it because it was made entirely on something that did the work for them: Gilmour pressed four notes on this synthesizer, recorded them in and twisted a dial that sped them up to be the light-speed blips we hear today. Observe:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccBoypwQ9zA&feature=related[/youtube]

Pigeonho said:
Seosa said:
Pigeonho said:

My neighbours love Pink Floyd. When I say 'love', they have no choice but to love it because it gets absolutely fucking hammered through my cinema system. ;-)

Haha, cruel, :P

Their entire catalogue has been remastered, and this is available for £10 in HMV, I think I'll be purchasing.

MCFC BOB said:
I'm glad to see you're getting into Pink Floyd. Some of their stuff was self-indulgent, pretentious pisstwaddle, but between 1968-1979 when they had their "best line-up".

My musical taste is developing all the time, its just gone totally nuclear since about October of last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.