The Dark Side of The Moon

For beginners DSOTM is a good intro.
Meddle and Piper are better albums though.

My fave three in order:

1) Wish you were here
2) Dark side of the moon
3) Animals

I never really got The Wall but one of my mates loved it. I aint too fussed with the newer stuff (ie without Roger Waters). I like a couple of tracks like Comfortably Numb, Learning to Fly and Run Like Hell but have not bought any Floyd albums since Waters left apart from Pulse and Echoes (The Best of).

I've seen a few bands over the years but nothin will ever come close to Pink Floyd at Maine Road that night. I was absolutely gob smacked leaving the ground when it had finished.

Favourite Floyd track is probably 'echos'

OB1 said:
Main Road!!!! Pink Floyd, like MCFC, never played at Main Road but I saw them play at Maine Road in 1988.

DSOTM is their finest work and one of the classic rock albums but my favourite Floyd album is Wish You Were Here.

1308328670_im%20a%20twat.jpg

andy h said:
I aint too fussed with the newer stuff (ie without Roger Waters). I like a couple of tracks like Comfortably Numb, Learning to Fly and Run Like Hell but have not bought any Floyd albums since Waters left apart from Pulse and Echoes (The Best of).

Comfortably Numb and Run Like Hell are on The Wall, i.e. when Roger Waters was in the band. However, those two tracks were co-written with Gilmour.

I've never quite understood the rationale behind anyone liking the wall

DSotM, Meddle, Animals and Wish You Were Here was their classic 'middle' period, although not released in that order

have a watch of Live at Pompeii and a listen to Ummagumma to see how good they were live before it all went stella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.