The Darkest Hour? - 1998 Stoke relegation video

Re: The Darkest Hour - 1998 Stoke relegation video

Brian Marwood on commentary

Remember quite a bit of fighting outside out the ground after the match

It was a fucking horrible day.

I was bang in the middle of the Stoke end.

What was noticeable at the end of the match was the silence, anger and frustration from the Stoke fans towards their own team and manager.

From City, the reaction was difficult. Even though that relegation was undoubtedly a bigger blow for us, the fans reaction was absolute sadness but also expressions of loyalty and love.

Driving back after that game, I was sick to the pit of my stomach.

That's my mate John Oli' running down the steps an patting Joe on th back. He had hair back then.

"a club full of history" "magnificent fans"

Now we are "shit fans, no history."

Where did it all go so terribly wrong? If only we could turn back the clock to the good old days eh?

Arf.

That brings back some fuckin horrible memories,other than the weather that day was the worst supporting city.
My mate also got badly hurt,got hit by a brick next to the mini bus we were on outside the ground police were shite that day,joke fans could have done whatever they wanted and we were fuckin penned in,horrible plac.
Its days like that though which are gonna make the future taste so much sweeter and i honestly believe manchester will have never seen a party like it .

blue12 said:
That brings back some fuckin horrible memories,other than the weather that day was the worst supporting city.
My mate also got badly hurt,got hit by a brick next to the mini bus we were on outside the ground police were shite that day,joke fans could have done whatever they wanted and we were fuckin penned in,horrible plac.
Its days like that though which are gonna make the future taste so much sweeter and i honestly believe manchester will have never seen a party like it .
Do i know you mate as i got a full house brick in the kipper that day,horrible slimey cnuts stoke.

This video is clearly fake, the commentator says "it would be a shame to see City, a club with such a great history go down". Everyone knows we have no history.

Re: The Darkest Hour

Bluebee2 said:
goose72 said:
On the plus side, I pulled a well fit Stoke fan that day on the way down the road after the game. Went for a couple of pints and mutually commiserated, and the rest of the night went very well. You can't beat angry, depressed sex.
Feckin ell' her fella must have been chasing me then.

Who said it was a she .???

Everyone considering a negative post slagging off Bellamy, Tevez, Mancini, who we have bought, who we haven't bought and the price of pies should watch that video before posting to remind them of those dark dark days.

Christ we have come a long way...

I honestly really wasn't bothered, indifferent, in fact.

We were already pretty much down. It was never going to happen.

I think some City fans convince themselves this sort of thing just leapt up on us.

We had been conditioned for the best part of two years prior, the slide was on under Ball and Clark.

The club and team was rotten to the core. The only thing about that day was the City support, but hardly a surprise.

If anything, I consider days like that for the cameras, a sort of 'look what great fans we are'.

Relegation was the best thing that ever happened to us. It took us to the precipice, exactly where we needed to be if there was ever to be a new dawn.

There would be no ADUG without that so-called bad day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.