The David Silva Stand?

A statue is an absolute must, together with Vinny, Sergio and Zaba. We can add further statues around the stadium in time but our recent heroes should be joined by some of our 80's, 90's and 00's heroes. Dunne, Lakey, Dicky the Goat and Weaver as a starting point. We can add more as they go.

A statue is an absolute must, together with Vinny, Sergio and Zaba. We can add further statues around the stadium in time but our recent heroes should be joined by some of our 80's, 90's and 00's heroes. Dunne, Lakey, Dicky the Goat and Weaver as a starting point. We can add more as they go.
Eddie McGoldrick?

Stand naming usually takes place a few years after the player stops playing. I suppose time matures the legendary status. It is a bit of a hostage to fortune though as the current team has at least two others worthy of having a stand named after them and who knows what Kev and the other youngsters might achieve for the club. Having said all that Dave is for most of us, the finest player to pull on the sky Blue. what do you think he would see as a fitting tribute @Bluwhit What about the David Silva football academy? Maybe the club would invest/ sponsor something in Manchester (maybe to do with the campus investment) that could have his name on it? Only awarded if he extends his contract of course :-)

For me, David, Sergio, Vinnie and Zab are shoe ins for the Hall of Fame. Maybe in time more from the current era, Fern? who knows?

The fact that the debate over our greatest ever player is predominately between David and CB tells you what you need to know.

Maybe the David Silva Spirals?

He is already thinking about the day he finishes his City career and only wants to be remembered by the fans for his football. He is a humble man.

Personally I believe a more lasting memorial from the club is needed. Naming one of the pitches at the CFA as they did for Yaya somehow doesn't feel enough.

He will have played more times in the Premier League and Champions League by the time he finishes than any other City player & been at the club for 10 years. He has won 3 League titles already.

I am biased towards my amigo so what do you guys think? A fitting tribute or over the top?

It’s perfect and should be done the day he hangs his boots up.
Best player, EVER!!

Whilst Merlin is an awesome player there is every possibility that what we hope to achieve in the coming years could see many worthy recipients for naming stands. Zaba, Vinny, David or Sergio are all worthy . As was King Colin. Maybe we could name certain areas of the stadium , eg sections or gates ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.