The Derby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: The Deby at the Swamp Post Match Discussion Thread

The starting line-up disappointed me, but RM is overly cautious.
Milner deserves his starting place and Nasri continues to be inconsistent and doesn't.
Yaya was 20% effective and 80% lollygagging. Having a high percentage pass completion counts for little if they are square passes or if they lead to nothing.
That was a great team effort and great goals by Milner and Aguero.

In derbies anything can happen, and tonight the best team won.
Question for RM: hey Robbie, why can't you get them playing like this every game?
Question for SAF: hey Fergie, whatya chewin?
Question for Ref: why so inconsistent?

FFS.

People saying Nasri set Milner's goal up. Whoopee fucking do. It was hardly some inspirational magic football, he nearly fucked it up but played it back for Jimmy. Jesus, if that now constitutes him having a good game, why did Bob take him off pretty soon after?

He was woeful and is a fucking shithouse.

The most bitter rag of them all and he acts as a "voice of the people" type, get winding him up: <a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/R_o_M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/R_o_M</a>

it's been coming and tonight it was there. top teams have an arrogance, a way of playing that says 'we're better than you, do your worst and we will beat it'.

Kun must be the bargain of the decade.

fingers crossed silva is ok for the chavs

Solid game, full effort from all the players today and a nice boost for the team ahead of the semi. This game showed our strength, and also gave a little reminder of what we can do even better, namely set-pieces, both attacking and defending. Van Rapist is a raggish twunt but we can learn something from his free-kicks - hard, high, inward curved. Both Joe and Vinny were unobstructed but still managed to miss it.

We sometimes back down too far and get a little unfocused and panicky when under pressure, but were mostly OK in that department today. The rags looked a bit dangerous in the early game on counter-attack, but we sorted that much better as the game went on.

Funny Phil was actually their best player today, but Aguero showed them how it feels to be City :) Camelgob must be the least likeable person in sports, ever. Just seeing him makes me physically ill. Barry my MOTM, and the there is Aguerooooooooooooooooooooooo.....

Juan King said:
Can't believe there are people slating Nasri's performance tonight. I thought he played well.

It was far from being Nasris worst performance in a City shirt , and to me , like everyone else , he appeared .willing to fight for the cause tonite ...... others were more prominent , yes , but Nasri did okay

black mamba said:
andyhinch said:
The perfect fumble said:
The post match interview with Mancini was very strange, I can't make out what's going on in the man's head.
I know what you mean, very down beat, good game and what a goal

It must be extremely frustrating for Mancini when City produce a 'champions' performance at a time when they appear about to lose their title ...... and that was a brilliant effort tonite from all concerned .

Yes , it puts even more daylight between us and the chasing pack , but a manager like Mancini will never truly be happy when there's another team above his !

Valid Point

The feeling of retrospective dissapointment from a manager that frankly expected more from the players in the course of the season.

But Im sure he will cheer up after a nice tea and glass of wine this evening because if not anything, it was certainly an encouraging performance( from what Ive read, didnt see the game) from the players.

grim up north said:
Rammy Blue said:
Blueband Brother said:
Obviously the win is all that matters, which is sweeeeeet.

However, the Nasri sub -plot is very intriguing and relevant as there are real and valid concerns about his capacity to perform in important situations like today and his readiness to step up and become a reliable member of the teams' effort.

From the replies, I gather that he did Ok and was involved in the first goal, which is encouraging....i guess.

Perhaps, he may still have a future at the club.

Great win by the lads. Well done. Bring on Chelsea.

Anyone who says Nasri was ok doesn't understand football.

He was fucking shite

Just about sums you up

What's your fucking problem?

All you do is post little fucking snipey comments all the time. Have you not got anything better to do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.