The Derby Post Match Thread

Hung said:
LoveCity said:
And now this is spreading all around the media including (of course) the Mail. Did one of our fans actually film this and post it online?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sgmsbEPm4g[/video]

That’s all we need. Cue media hysteria and hand wringing about the complete collapse of the club being mirrored by the fans etc.
absolutely disgusting the club should ban these fans for life shamefull and does'nt look good on the club or us. Ffs thats worse than the result

Re: The team have no pride. passion or respect for the fan

I think that the team lacks a proper leader in the group, on and off the pitch.
Someone with big character to shout at their ears when the going gets tough.

ZZmaestro said:
I think that the team lacks a proper leader in the group, on and off the pitch.
Someone with big character to shout at their ears when the going gets tough.

Im with you on that Pellers takes a lot of shit (rightly so at times) for not motivating them. Once they get on the field of play, that responsibility transfers mostly to the Captain. Vinnie needs to step up more in that role.

What does piss me off a bit is that there seems to be tweets/videos/pictures posted showing us in a negative light almost weekly, yet it doesn’t seem to happen (as far as I’m aware) to other clubs.

Bad behaviour begets bad behaviour, violence begets violence. The loone’s video’d outside OT are matched at least equally by Utd fans behaving similarly. I saw gobshite Utd fans giving it out on Sunday and even saw one throw a couple of punches at a middle aged City fan on Matt Busby Way (or whatever its called these days), however, I am yet to see a video of this type of thing circulating the media.

You reap what you sow I’m afraid.

Actually it's not a lack of pride or passion or respect. That is the perception from the outside but what we are actually seeing is a lack of confidence. That's why if we don't get well ahead in a game we will often see a period of dominance change quickly to being under the cosh and if we concede one we look like conceding more.

They don't believe in their ability to cope with pressure and that is down to the system we play. We play high line, high risk football and it clearly doesn't work against either technically gifted teams or high energy teams. We beat mediocrity but struggle when up against it. We became flat track bullies and lost the belief to fight.

It's all about the system and the players belief in it.

The close proximity of that filming means it was done by someone in that group and once they post it on you tube or wherever anyone can and will pick up on it.

A couple of weeks ago i clearly heard the rag fans singing ''Always the victims never to blame'' at Anfield yet nothing was made about this.There will always be a few knobheads pissed up shouting and singing things they shouldn't when in the safety of a group,like the same mob mentality and safety in numbers will always allow a few cowardly 'hardmen' to swing punches at innocent fans just trying to go to and fro from a match.

The police inspector in charge had it right when he said there were only EIGHT arrests out of seventy five thousand people and praised the fans,the decent ones who are in the majority. Human nature sadly being what it is if we could live long enough or fast forward to the derby in a hundred years time this would still be happening on both sides.

On a positive note from the derby remember even when we were light years ahead of us we still handed the odd tonking out to them,4-1 and then 3-1 at our place springs to mind when even Robbie fat boy Fowler came on as a sub and scored against them.It didn't stop them continuing to dominate English football and hopefully the odd defeat by them won't stop us doing so,especially if their main weapon FFP gets swatted down in the courts.

Are we sure that video was posted on Sunday and not a re-hashed one from a few years ago? The weather seems pretty dry when it was lashing it down on Sunday and for a few seconds on that clip i spotted a City scarf produced that i haven't seen the likes of knocking around for a while,it was definitely an older style scarf although i know some people take older ones to the match.

It wouldn't be the first time old footage has been dug up and used to beat us with.

A footballer that seems to show more Passion probably cares more about his bonus's than the others.

These twats care more about their hair than us supporters. Don't be fooled.

Edit: Bar Zab

Gelsons Dad said:
Actually it's not a lack of pride or passion or respect. That is the perception from the outside but what we are actually seeing is a lack of confidence. That's why if we don't get well ahead in a game we will often see a period of dominance change quickly to being under the cosh and if we concede one we look like conceding more.

They don't believe in their ability to cope with pressure and that is down to the system we play. We play high line, high risk football and it clearly doesn't work against either technically gifted teams or high energy teams. We beat mediocrity but struggle when up against it. We became flat track bullies and lost the belief to fight.

It's all about the system and the players belief in it.
Is the correct answer. Pearce showed pride and passion but he was a shit manager. Players clearly don't believe in the way they're being asked to play.

It's an interesting juxtaposition with Mancini. Players didn't like him as a person but seemed to believe in his methods to a large degree. With MP, it's the other way round.

paulchapo said:
Are we sure that video was posted on Sunday and not a re-hashed one from a few years ago? The weather seems pretty dry when it was lashing it down on Sunday and for a few seconds on that clip i spotted a City scarf produced that i haven't seen the likes of knocking around for a while,it was definitely an older style scarf although i know some people take older ones to the match.

It wouldn't be the first time old footage has been dug up and used to beat us with.

Someone posted on here that it was being sung on the concourse and in the coach park so unlikely.

I have heard it a number of times in recent years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.