The Derby Post Match Thread

paulchapo said:
Are we sure that video was posted on Sunday and not a re-hashed one from a few years ago? The weather seems pretty dry when it was lashing it down on Sunday and for a few seconds on that clip i spotted a City scarf produced that i haven't seen the likes of knocking around for a while,it was definitely an older style scarf although i know some people take older ones to the match.

It wouldn't be the first time old footage has been dug up and used to beat us with.

It was deffo on sunday. I said earlier in the thread about munich singing on sunday.
However, the video show 4 verses of the song, which is wrong because it was 2 verses and the video repeats it, which makes it look like it was sung for longer than it was.

Re: The team have no pride. passion or respect for the fan

Gelsons Dad said:
Actually it's not a lack of pride or passion or respect. That is the perception from the outside but what we are actually seeing is a lack of confidence. That's why if we don't get well ahead in a game we will often see a period of dominance change quickly to being under the cosh and if we concede one we look like conceding more.

They don't believe in their ability to cope with pressure and that is down to the system we play. We play high line, high risk football and it clearly doesn't work against either technically gifted teams or high energy teams. We beat mediocrity but struggle when up against it. We became flat track bullies and lost the belief to fight.

It's all about the system and the players belief in it.

Good post. We saw in the first 20 mins that there was no lack of desire to win. We are trying to play a high line defence with pressing and we just don't have the players that can sustain that and when it drops off (as it did after 20 mins) we have a disorganised mess with no structure that leaves lots of space in the midfield and you just cannot do that with a high line.

Gelsons Dad said:
Actually it's not a lack of pride or passion or respect. That is the perception from the outside but what we are actually seeing is a lack of confidence. That's why if we don't get well ahead in a game we will often see a period of dominance change quickly to being under the cosh and if we concede one we look like conceding more.

They don't believe in their ability to cope with pressure and that is down to the system we play. We play high line, high risk football and it clearly doesn't work against either technically gifted teams or high energy teams. We beat mediocrity but struggle when up against it. We became flat track bullies and lost the belief to fight.

I'd agree with that. It's not as if all of our defenders have become poor players over the summer. That's why I think Pellegrini should, first and foremost, go back to basics and make us hard to beat. I'd go with three in midfield - Yaya, Ferna and Fernando - with Milner on the right and Silva on the left, and Aguero up front. I doubt he will do that though.

I do think we have not been helped by the fact that Kompany hasn't looked fit this season and father time is catching up with Yaya.

We are too often beaten by inferior opposition that work harder than us so to an extent, I'd agree with this. United didn't look like they had better players than us on Sunday but they had hunger and desire. As successful as we've been, there has all to often been a sense of complacency which has surfaced more often than it should with this team. I would suggest getting in a new manager that would ruffle a few feathers but we had that in Mancini and that ultimately didn't end well. We've had Pellegrini who is at the other end of the spectrum and after an excellent season, we are now floundering even more so than the last time we "defended" our title. The common denominator is the core group of players that have been here since 2011 so maybe we need to ship some of them out but which ones I don't know. Whatever happens, it feels as if some sort of change is needed in the summer.

manimanc said:
ballinio said:
Peter Bodak's Quiff said:
Shocking effort today, to many players living on past reputations, time for action, remove the manager get some hungry players in, Berahino Kane Henderson Stones Townsend make big joe captain all british and quality managed by Brendan Rodgers, can see the rags dominating again with Van Gaal in control, god knows whats goona happen in the summer when they get the cheque book out
you`ve had too much to drink
And careful them red tinted glasses don't fall off that red fuckin hooter pinnochio...

Lets hope those I am proved wrong, ps Going to Maine Road before you were born

most teams that play us these days are "fitter" than us.......................simple as

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Gelsons Dad said:

Good post. We saw in the first 20 mins that there was no lack of desire to win. We are trying to play a high line defence with pressing and we just don't have the players that can sustain that and when it drops off (as it did after 20 mins) we have a disorganised mess with no structure that leaves lots of space in the midfield and you just cannot do that with a high line.
But shouldn't the manager recognise the failings and get off his backside and into the technical area and start waving his arms around and yelling at his players. Other managers get quite animated when things are not going to their plans. Our manager just sinks lower into his seat.

If City as a team are fit enough, have the skill and the motivation to perform but allow themselves to be collectively overrun by inferior opposition then what they need is psychiatric help.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.