The Derby Post Match Thread

Setting up to play for a point is a small team mentality. You wouldn't see teams like Barcelona, bayern or real doing it in the league. I'm glad you aren't the manager or we would never have seen a 6-1 at the swamp.
You see those guys do it all the time against each other or athletico unless they are in form and at full strength. Pellegrinis biggest weakness is that he has been unable to do this and in a wierd sort of way us getting the result in this way shows more and makes me more hopeful in Europe than had we stolen a lucky 3-2

Great management an 99% great execution, the type of tactics we need to step up to the next level In my opinion

What we've shown is that after the 4-2 last year, we are scared of United again. That's only going to give them confidence in the future.
There's a difference between being scared of ManUre and showing them due respect. They've spent over £300m over the last 2 years so we'd be silly to think they'd remain in the seriously poor state they were forever.

I love attacking football, but I love controlled possession based pragmatic football better. Control the game through possession and attack whenever you can, but we must also be pragmatic when needed. A few more displays like today's last season and Chelsea might not have had the easy time of it they enjoyed.

Not a great performance but it was good enough. They were stifled by City's defense for the most part but MP needs to drop Bony. He might have held up the ball a couple times in the first half but he gave it up way too easily most of the match. Nacho wouldn't hurt anything and his movement might have been enough to worry their back four. With Bony on they can press forward much more easily since they know he'll never, ever try to make a run behind them.
Yes it was great, great in a gritty, tactical, well managed, excellent point without Dave and Sergio kind of a way

What we've shown is that after the 4-2 last year, we are scared of United again. That's only going to give them confidence in the future.
Scared my fucking arse, the worst thing we were was pragmatic, the day we play as negatively as united did at home in a derby, now that would be scared

I'm loving the revisionism on here today, in various threads.

For months and months, until today Infact, Manuel has been lambasted for "only having one style of play", and "being too gung Ho in his approach" , "unable to close a game out" , "a half decent team would have destroyed us today" , "he players saved him" (I love that one...it's their job! ) etc etc.

We go today to the second best team in the league, at their home ground, missing the two best players in the country, with the leagues best defender just coming back from a month out and grind out a truly impressive draw and guess what ...?

"We should have gone for them today" , "they were there for the taking" , he was "too scared of them".

It used to piss me off when people tried to score points like this with the last manager, now we have people doing it to our latest manager.

City and United are the two best teams in the country and will finish 1st and 2nd this season. In that order. Largely because of days like today. Amd for That we have the manager to thank. Again.

Well played Manuel.

I am happy with a point, but i still hold the manager responsible for the lack of chances created in the final third.. with Silva being injured we should have given DeBruyne a run of games in the middle instead Pellegrini continues playing him in the wings. We could have created chances against the likes of Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Rojo with Sterling and Navas on the wings stretching their defense and Debruyne, Toure, Bony in the middle.. Credit to the players though in grinding out a draw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.