The Derby Post Match Thread

That's true they did a very good job on our lads today.

However, there is not a chance they would have been able to put that much pressure on KDB if Silva or Kun never mind if both were playing. In a way, it's a compliment to Van Gaal that he tactically stopped them from playing but also a sign that with our key players, we are still much much better than them.

Exactly they were only able to do this cos we was missing Aguero and silva. I'm happy with the point away from home, it should be the rags disappointed.

Agree with Ratboy on this, good European style away performance. Our 2 most dangerous players injured, we played it safe, but how do you hit a team on the counter attack that doesn't attack!

Full squad at home we will batter this lot, only players they have that would get in our first 11 - none. Herrera & Martial would be squad players, don't believe the hype, bang average side stifling other teams due to their lack of quality.
giphy.gif

Didn't say it wasn't. The kid bring Lingaard.

My point being, you can't legislate for a touch of class and despite our perfect set-up, that's the best they could manage.

I thought it was a brilliant game to watch, a real chess match at a very high European level.

Kompany and Otamendi were rocks and also gives great hope for future.

I was buzzing to see a City team play like that, all methodical and something we might have seen Chelsea receive plaudits for in recent years?

Our best performance of the season outside of the Chelsea game by a country mile.
This is what I can't understand with some people, whilst I except that United are not the team they were they are however in the mix at the top of the table and will be there or there about at the end of the season, they were at full strength whilst we were without two of our best players and we got a draw I think it was a brilliant achievement all things considered, when Chelsea and particularly their vile manager pulled off the same feat last season he was hailed as a tactical genius by some of the people that are slagging us off now, I have no doubt that this was the desired result or try to nick a win, we go on from here top of the league and a much more savey team

So with a huge number if critical injuries - we are top of the league and second in the toughest champions league group.
Will take that.

This is what I can't understand with some people, whilst I except that United are not the team they were they are however in the mix at the top of the table and will be there or there about at the end of the season, they were at full strength whilst we were without two of our best players and we got a draw I think it was a brilliant achievement all things considered, when Chelsea and particularly their vile manager pulled off the same feat last season he was hailed as a tactical genius by some of the people that are slagging us off now, I have no doubt that this was the desired result or try to nick a win, we go on from here top of the league and a much more savey team
Bang on the money, great performance, no naivety whatsoever

Agree absolutely. Have to say I really enjoyed seeing us play an error free defensive game (apart from one kolorov mistake) otamendi had his best game for us. Fernandinho was immense. Good to see manuel getting subs spot on.

Becoming a phrase we use every week now. The guy is class. So underrated.

Best way of looking at it is that that was probably the best united could do. whereas we know that as well as our quality defensive effort today, we can actually take it up another notch or three if we want to.

We got a point and are top of the league again.

I'd rather have today's result over what happened last season.

It's all good Blues!

Bang on the money, great performance, no naivety whatsoever
Not a great performance but it was good enough. They were stifled by City's defense for the most part but MP needs to drop Bony. He might have held up the ball a couple times in the first half but he gave it up way too easily most of the match. Nacho wouldn't hurt anything and his movement might have been enough to worry their back four. With Bony on they can press forward much more easily since they know he'll never, ever try to make a run behind them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.