The Derby Post Match Thread

I didn't think we played that well today, we also had three first teamers out and still come away with a point.......it felt like a win to me

How the hell did the rags put 3 past Everton last week?
I admit to being a bit nervous before the game but as it wore on I kept asking myself how are the rags so high in the league with dull, drab boring performances such as that.
Unfortunately we dropped down to their level, we really missed the movement on Kun up front to stretch their defence.
A clean sheet - the first for a long time - welcome back Vinny - but did you really have to make that rash challenge and get yourself booked? Nice save Joe down at his left hand side just before the end.
And how many fouls does it take for Rojo to get booked?

I had my doubts leading up to the game but Pellers got it spot on. Without our best two players, playing away from home against one of our rivals surely you set out to get a point and anything more is a bonus. The people complaining here don't really understand football.

Another massive plus today was the partnership between Kompany and Otamendi. Well done blues.

I'm loving the revisionism on here today, in various threads.

For months and months, until today Infact, Manuel has been lambasted for "only having one style of play", and "being too gung Ho in his approach" , "unable to close a game out" , "a half decent team would have destroyed us today" , "he players saved him" (I love that one...it's their job! ) etc etc.

We go today to the second best team in the league, at their home ground, missing the two best players in the country, with the leagues best defender just coming back from a month out and grind out a truly impressive draw and guess what ...?

"We should have gone for them today" , "they were there for the taking" , he was "too scared of them".

It used to piss me off when people tried to score points like this with the last manager, now we have people doing it to our latest manager.

City and United are the two best teams in the country and will finish 1st and 2nd this season. In that order. Largely because of days like today. Amd for That we have the manager to thank. Again.

Well played Manuel.
Well said. Today's result took us to top of the league. Today was a pragmatic approach by both sides, and if you don't get that, particularly with the injuries we have to our squad at present, then thank fuck you don't manage my team.

Without our two best players they still couldn't attack us and settled for a point, piss poor club that'll be nowhere near us. That'll be all :)

How the hell did the rags put 3 past Everton last week?
I admit to being a bit nervous before the game but as it wore on I kept asking myself how are the rags so high in the league with dull, drab boring performances such as that.
Unfortunately we dropped down to their level, we really missed the movement on Kun up front to stretch their defence.
A clean sheet - the first for a long time - welcome back Vinny - but did you really have to make that rash challenge and get yourself booked? Nice save Joe down at his left hand side just before the end.
And how many fouls does it take for Rojo to get booked?
Whoa
I am happy with a point, but i still hold the manager responsible for the lack of chances created in the final third.. with Silva being injured we should have given DeBruyne a run of games in the middle instead Pellegrini continues playing him in the wings. We could have created chances against the likes of Valencia, Smalling, Jones and Rojo with Sterling and Navas on the wings stretching their defense and Debruyne, Toure, Bony in the middle.. Credit to the players though in grinding out a draw
You can spew as much bullshit as you like, but today was about consolidating what we have and not being stupid enough to pretend otherwise. When the main guys are out we're still a work in progress, simply because they haven't had much playing time together. This attitude of crucifying seasoned players for one individual mistake pisses me off no end!

Happy enough with a point as we were away plus kun and Silva out. But we were piss poor to be honest, yaya should have been deeper to influence our game more but will take the point. My heart really does go out to the rag fans though paying money to watch that Shiite ever week jesus they are the worse team to watch in the league think they created what one or two chances at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.