The Derby - What do we need to do

Cheadle Blue

In your opinion, to get something out of the game. DON'T say "score more than them", i mean realistically what do we need to do as a team, what are the dangers etc? the rags that i work with are all saying the same thing: "if we park the bus, and play defensively we will loose, but if we go for them, we will get something and maybe even win."

I would take a draw now personally, and move on the the next match, cos i can't stand loosing a derby, but i think we do have supeior individual players, but they are probably tighter as a unit.

The midfield for example: Fletcher, Nani, Scholes, Giggs - compare to: Silva, Yaya, De Jong, Barry. There is no reason why we shouldn't totally dominate the midfield.

Vidic is a monster, but the others can be exposed.

My only worry is the Granny Shagger, he looks like he is starting to hit a bit of form.

What do you think we should do? formations? 2 up front etc?

Quite honestly we just need to go out and play to the level that team should be capable of doing. Just for this one match let us out and play. I'm absolutely convinced we will win this match, and win it with a display which gets peoples attention, but only if BM lets us play.

mancini will play the way we did at home v utd

pack the midfield play the 3 holding players and tevez up on his own
and it works better from home games and we hit them on the break

we will miss adam johnson cutting in from the wings but maybe swp will sort that out
we need to start well and not let them score early and if we knick a goal then happy days

Basically, we need to 'not lose'. A point would do me, obviously I'd love to see us have a proper go and win but we need to pick up as many points as possible; playing well but losing isn't gonna get us in the champions league.

CTID_92 said:
Basically, we need to 'not lose'. A point would do me, obviously I'd love to see us have a proper go and win but we need to pick up as many points as possible; playing well but losing isn't gonna get us in the champions league.
Whilst I agree with the theory, its just this one game. I can't bare the thought of text after text of 'your team are a load of boring cunts' if we do what we did V Arsenal, it will be the same as losing. Going out and giving it a real go gives us more of a chance then sitting back but if we lose, well so be it - at least we'll have gone out and given it a real go. We will never be able to gauge ourselves against the best if we don't play football against them. Fuck all that chess bollocks, at least just for this one fixture anyway.

This is the thing about this United game, we have a much better midfield than them. If our midfield don't sit too deep we can dominate that midfield area and I'd fancy us to win. But United love to utilise that midfield space if you let them.

De Jong, Barry and Yaya are the key. And Silva as the outlet.

If the midfielders sit on the edge of our box, it gives United a space to play and they'll break us down. They use the width and wear you down.

If they step up and dominate that area I fancy us to beat them.

I think Scholes will start, he's dictated the play the last few games against us so he'll need closing down for the full 90 minutes. Nani is also in the form of his life so we have to be wary of him, Zabaleta and Kolarov on the left again could do a job on him and Rafael. de Jong injury time winner will do me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.