The Derby - What do we need to do

Didsbury Dave said:
This is the thing about this United game, we have a much better midfield than them. If our midfield don't sit too deep we can dominate that midfield area and I'd fancy us to win. But United love to utilise that midfield space if you let them.

De Jong, Barry and Yaya are the key. And Silva as the outlet.

If the midfielders sit on the edge of our box, it gives United a space to play and they'll break us down. They use the width and wear you down.

If they step up and dominate that area I fancy us to beat them.

This !

Who is the ref anyway not that it should matter but we all know it will. My money is on Webb or Clatenberk!

J.T-Mcfc said:
I think Scholes will start, he's dictated the play the last few games against us so he'll need closing down for the full 90 minutes. Nani is also in the form of his life so we have to be wary of him, Zabaleta and Kolarov on the left again could do a job on him and Rafael. de Jong injury time winner will do me!

Nani v Kolorov would be a concern for me. I'd prefer Zabaleta there

United have always been vulnerable to teams having a go at them. Sit back, especially at Old Trafford, and eventually, the odds are that they will pick us off.

So, I'm not going to naively suggest we go some adopt some silly gung ho, but equally, we must show more hunger and desire to take an attacking risk in this game than we did at home, even if it's more of a consistent counter attack. I expect us to put them under pressure, and press the ball, but also, to try and not win the game by accident, but honestly. This is getting to the real critical stage of the season now. The only reason people stomached (and not everyone did) the derby performance at home, because they bought into the spin that it was an improvement on last seasons result. These games are significant not only for the league position, but also, for the people who are the soul of the fucking club. And that is us. I can accept tactically, taking a point at Arsenal, and I can accept working hard for a point should that be the outcome at Old Trafford,

but I expect to see more attacking endevour than we produced at home against them in a fucking derby. United don't like to be put under pressure.

RobinHood said:
I think Silva will require protection - from the ref. He will definitely be a target for their 'boot' boys.

All Darren Fletcher's football career is about is running into opposition players, giving away fouls, moaning at the linesmen, crying to the refs, being an annoying ****.

He will constantly foul Silva on Saturday until he gets booked which will probably either be not at all or towards the middle-end of the second half.

We need to be incredibly well organised with everyone maintaining concentration for the whole 100 minutes. Work like dogs and try our best to stop them playing especially in midfield where we need to use our strength and work rate to dominate them. When we get the ball we need to use it well and not just give it straight back like we did at Arsenal and most importantly when we get a chance we need to take it because we won't get many. Basically, the home performance against Chelsea.

Didsbury Dave said:
J.T-Mcfc said:
I think Scholes will start, he's dictated the play the last few games against us so he'll need closing down for the full 90 minutes. Nani is also in the form of his life so we have to be wary of him, Zabaleta and Kolarov on the left again could do a job on him and Rafael. de Jong injury time winner will do me!

Many will talk about the midfield battle, but it could actually come down to who's full backs get forward more, because they will certainly play with more natural width than us, and thus add to that, they have natural attacking full backs, which means, if we are too narrow, we could face many 2 on 1 situations (I would worry about Kolarov defensively with this and against pace). But I sense Mancini will take that risk, keep us relatively narrow, and hope for penetration between the lines, i.e. Silva and Tevez dropping in. What that will actually likely produce, is about 1 or 2 if that, clear cut chances for us, and perhaps 4 or 5 half chances. Going to be so much pressure, if we conceed first

First and foremost stop Giggs and Nani playing their game. If we can do this we have a very good chance in the match. Without Giggs Ushited look lost, and Nani has that ability to get a goal out of nothing. Stop these two playing and the Rags look weak.

While I don't give a rat's ass what other fans and the media think about us I do think that this a game we must go all out to win and believe that we have the players and management team to get the job done.
In the first game we gave Rafael, Evra and Nani a few playful taps to slow them down and hope we can do so again.
We should target Rafael just like they would Balo if he was playing. He'll lose his head and do something stupid particularly if we've softened him up first.
Likely to be no Turdinand to bail him out this time.

Didsbury Dave said:
J.T-Mcfc said:

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I was thinking similar to Saturday, with Zab at LB with Kolarov LM / LW, both can seemingly run up and down the pitch all day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.