The Derby - What do we need to do

MCFC BOB said:
Play the way we did aainst West Brom, and we'll unsettle them.

De Jong in for Barry, Richards in for Boateng.

This!

Just don't give them time on the ball

Cleggy09 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
This is the thing about this United game, we have a much better midfield than them. If our midfield don't sit too deep we can dominate that midfield area and I'd fancy us to win. But United love to utilise that midfield space if you let them.

De Jong, Barry and Yaya are the key. And Silva as the outlet.

If the midfielders sit on the edge of our box, it gives United a space to play and they'll break us down. They use the width and wear you down.

If they step up and dominate that area I fancy us to beat them.

This !

Who is the ref anyway not that it should matter but we all know it will. My money is on Webb or Clatenberk!

(Not the ancient) Marriner, apparently.

Just hope that he does not deny us two nailed on penalties like he did against Chelski.

Lancet Fluke said:
We need to be incredibly well organised with everyone maintaining concentration for the whole 100 minutes. Work like dogs and try our best to stop them playing especially in midfield where we need to use our strength and work rate to dominate them. When we get the ball we need to use it well and not just give it straight back like we did at Arsenal and most importantly when we get a chance we need to take it because we won't get many. Basically, the home performance against Chelsea.

Agree with this - we need to strangle them in midfield and cut off all service to their strike force, which, to be honest, is very good - just like ours.

I fancy Tevez to play his socks off and score at least 1 goal to rub Baconface's face in it as well as the ushited fans.

saying that city middlefield is better is unofrtunately not true..maybe better dm (de jong)..scholes is key player for them..a lot of experience..excelent game vision..fletcher does is job and can play on very high level, anderson fits the system..all i want to say is that they are finished product..good package of team players who play for the team, and that is the only difference between city and utd..when city becomes a team thy will be better then utd..its going to be very hard game..i suggest offence in the first half..trying to surprise them..and then close up in the second..just like wolves

MCFC BOB said:

That is the two changes i would make as well

richards gives us something outwide and will cause evra problems with his strength...boateng while looking better is not up to it in a derby....he will be off the pace and lacks the intensity needed to play in this game

Milner (and ive been a big critic of his)...looked very comfortable sat deeper i a more holdng role and his passing was much better from there..and a bit more incisive than barry's is from that position.

I think the main threats are Nani, Evra and Shrek. I would be happy to see Zabba and Kolarov on the left to nullify Nani and Milner and Boateng/Micah on the right to stop Evra and possibly even get at him. If Shrek drops deep it's up to NDJ to snap into him. If all goes to plan I fancy Silva and Carlos to find one or two gaps at the back.

I'd be happy with a draw though

simon23 said:
MCFC BOB said:

richards gives us something outwide and will cause evra problems with his strength...boateng while looking better is not up to it in a derby....he will be off the pace and lacks the intensity needed to play in this game

Milner (and ive been a big critic of his)...looked very comfortable sat deeper i a more holdng role and his passing was much better from there..and a bit more incisive than barry's is from that position.

Definitely Richards in for Boateng if he's fit, definitely.

Milner or Barry, not sure. De Jong has to play next to one of them.

PErsonally I'd put SWP in but I know that isn't going to happen. Evra can't play him. Never has been able to. He gets very tight and SWP likes that, he can get away over 2 yards.

I would hope he'd make both those changes and he'll probably play Kolorov left side again in the 3. I wish Balotelli was there instead but he won't be.

Didsbury Dave said:
simon23 said:

Definitely Richards in for Boateng if he's fit, definitely.

Milner or Barry, not sure. De Jong has to play next to one of them.

PErsonally I'd put SWP in but I know that isn't going to happen. Evra can't play him. Never has been able to. He gets very tight and SWP likes that, he can get away over 2 yards.

I would hope he'd make both those changes and he'll probably play Kolorov left side again in the 3. I wish Balotelli was there instead but he won't be.

Barry for me, he has been consistent all season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.