The difference between Man City and Real Madrid?

City Raider said:
Sacking managers all the time when you already have a squad of world class players is different to sacking managers all the time when you have....vassell

FFS they've been buying the cream for over 50 years, get a grip

So is Hughes going to buy or attract world class players? I think not. To attract world class players you need a world class manager, who can show that player/those players via results and trophies that he knows what he's doing.

Like I've already said. These world class players are alrerady on fantastic wages, it's more important to them to be involved in a team that wins trophies and is in the CPL every season. if you don't believe me go and ask the one trick pony, Berbatov, Torres and Ronaldino and a host of other top footballers. Offer them £250,000 a week and they still wouldn't come to City and Mark hughes.

You my friend are living in a Mark Hughes wonderland. Me and many others have stepped out of it and are waiting for a new manager.

jrb said:
City Raider said:
Sacking managers all the time when you already have a squad of world class players is different to sacking managers all the time when you have....vassell

FFS they've been buying the cream for over 50 years, get a grip

So is Hughes going to buy or attract world class players? I think not. To attract world class players you need a world class manager, who can show that player/those players via results and trophies that he knows what he's doing.

Like I've already said. These world class players are alrerady on fantastic wages, it's more important to them to be involved in a team that wins trophies and is in the CPL every season. if you don't believe me go and ask the one trick pony, Berbatov, Torres and Ronaldino and a host of other top footballers. Offer them £250,000 a week and they still wouldn't come to City and Mark hughes.

You my friend are living in a Mark Hughes wonderland. Me and many others have stepped out of it and are waiting for a new manager.

Some good points here and I'm not saying I have the answers - just that these things take time. Madrid can sign anyone, regardless of who the manager, it's an unfair comparison.

City Raider said:
jrb said:

Some good points here and I'm not saying I have the answers - just that these things take time. Madrid can sign anyone, regardless of who the manager, it's an unfair comparison.

All I'm asking for iS a manager who has won trophies, is known to be tactically proven and is big enough name to attract the kind of players we need to break into the to 4/6. We can match/beat any other club when it comes to transfer fees and wages, but those top players won't come to city with Mark hughes in charge and a team that is fighting relegation and being beat every other week.

Once you have a world class manager in place, that is half the battle won. Team performances and players will follow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.