The Double

Have to win on Saturday, just have too. Its seems crazy we would get negativity for only doing the double but that's where we find ourselves.
Yeah,thats true.

Our brilliance is taken for granted,and the rags enjoyment now mostly revolves around our very rare failures.

Sad and funny as fuck,but a reality.

Yeah,thats true.

Our brilliance is taken for granted,and the rags enjoyment now mostly revolves around our very rare failures.

Sad and funny as fuck,but a reality.
The League and beating them twats in the Final were the important ones for me.
The first Double team i remember watching was Arsenals,Charlie George goal and all that.
I was nine at the time and thought it was a great achievement.
Now we have done it AGAIN,feeling no pressure about Saturday night,just enjoying it all at the moment.
But come Saturday night????

It is still worth celebrating and marking - even of it has become more common place in the last 30 years than it was until 1971.

Here is the full list - borrowed from Wikipedia

In England, eight teams have won the double of the Football League First Division (1888–1992)/Premier League (1992–present) and FA Cup.

Why is Liverpools quadruple not in that list?

Agreed, although this is clearly a once in a lifetime double.
I was telling myself yesterday, if we lose, it'll be OK because we have the CL to look forward too, but I knew I was only kidding myself. I cannot imagine the next few weeks/months/years had we lost to them.
By the same token, if we lose on Saturday, I honestly don’t think their fans will really care that they lost to us yesterday, it will be all about us not doing the treble/winning a European Cup.
It’s maybe easier for me to say cos I wasn’t there yesterday, but for me next Saturday was alway the one that mattered most, for this season anyway.

Great times for us all :-)

Next season we could win 7 trophies (Premier League, Champions League, Super Cup, World Club Cup, FA Cup, League Cup, Community Shield).

I know some will say the other trophies are mickey mouse cups but any trophy is still worth winning. Tottenham and Harry Kane would do anything just have a trophy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.