the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends how you look at it mate.
If the Red Ed mob had got in we'd still be in the EU, no uncercertainty, austerity lite and infrastructure spending. Ah happy days.
They fcuk you up those Tories.
They may not mean to but they do

I'm not exactly someone who can be categorised.

I actually voted for Ed, was on the fence with Brexit and will be voting Tory next time (subject to the manifestos content of all parties).

Much of what you have said is quite wrong, there is no evidence that the poor have got poorer but rather the opposite. The average wage in this country hit it's highest on record this year at a time of the lowest unemployment rate so it is just an impossible argument to make.

You're absolutely wrong. According to the IFS

- Weekly income has fallen among the lowest paid.

- Poverty levels in working families have risen.

- Median income for adults aged 31-59 is still at the same level it was in 2007 and for the 22-30 age group it's 7% lower.

Quoting average wage is nonsense as wage growth for the top percentiles has far outstripped that for the lower percentiles. If we take 10 people, one of whom earned £100k and the other 9 earned £20k, if the high earner now earns £120k and the other 9 now earn £19k, average earnings have increased but the majority of that group are worse off.

And even middle-earners are reliant on benefits for 30% of their total income now compared to 22% in the mid-1990's.

You're absolutely wrong. According to the IFS

- Weekly income has fallen among the lowest paid.

- Poverty levels in working families have risen.

- Median income for adults aged 31-59 is still at the same level it was in 2007 and for the 22-30 age group it's 7% lower.

Quoting average wage is nonsense as wage growth for the top percentiles has far outstripped that for the lower percentiles. If we take 10 people, one of whom earned £100k and the other 9 earned £20k, if the high earner now earns £120k and the other 9 now earn £19k, average earnings have increased but the majority of that group are worse off.

And even middle-earners are reliant on benefits for 30% of their total income now compared to 22% in the mid-1990's.

Stop confusing the argument with facts.

Anyone know what's going on with Government Policy?
They seem to be adopting a lot of the proposals put forward by Red Ed at the last election:
Lighter austerity
Spending on infrastructure
Curbs on CEO pay
Tenants not having to pay letting agency fees.
Tories must be concerned with this lurch to the Left.

I just went on an income tax calculator to work out what my situation would be if I moved back home. Put in £24k as a salary, and worked out that taxes had gone up £80 over the year compared to last year. So I played around a bit, and found that every salary from £11k to £42k has seen the same £80 increase in their income taxes and above that, they're paying £141 more per year. So just to see, I put in an income of £1.5m. Any guesses on the increase in income tax for people earning that much?

I just went on an income tax calculator to work out what my situation would be if I moved back home. Put in £24k as a salary, and worked out that taxes had gone up £80 over the year compared to last year. So I played around a bit, and found that every salary from £11k to £42k has seen the same £80 increase in their income taxes and above that, they're paying £141 more per year. So just to see, I put in an income of £1.5m. Any guesses on the increase in income tax for people earning that much?

Need PB on that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.