The end of Dzeko

TCIB said:
SWP's back said:
Bluemanc100 said:
^^^this, Edin needs proper service, something he hasn't had
The team seems to work fairly well. What about selling Edin and bringing in a striker that suits our game. It's not like he is more important than yaya, silva, Nasri and Kun

Barca and utd have not got the success they have from "fairly well" though. It simply is not enough as this season is showing us.

Logic says it is better to Keep Dzeko if we do get these winger/s Mancini wants as that would help his game a lot.

No point buying a solution to a problem your selling anyway.
I think you are way off if you think barca would suit Dzeko. We are far closer to their way of playing than Utds and I would say we have been more successful than Utd this season (ignoring the points refs gifted them)<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm --<br /><br />
greasedupdeafguy said:
JasminBosnia said:
He has to start this Monday as he always scores vs rags :). He score, we win and get a lot of money for him this summer. Not bad idea indeed.
What do you think?
no
God no. Not a chance he will start. Not in a million years. He can come on with ten minutes left, score two and miss hat load once we are 4-0 up though.

LoveCity said:
Barca had a situation like this with Ibra. Scored plenty of goals but seemed to stunt the natural way they played and never looked like a seamless part of the system.

So they got rid of Ibra (loan to Milan with obligatory buy at the end) after one season and replaced him with someone who fits their system, David Villa.

Berbatov is the same at United, he was the Golden Boot co-winner and can barely get in the team this season as Baconface feels he slows down the way they play even though he is better than Welbeck and Hernandez.

Is it the end of the target man ?
Seems like everyone is going for the barca style of pass, pass, pass.
There's not many big men apart from ya ya with a great touch, who could
Get involved in play outside the box and thread a through ball through.

If dzeko could link up play, with his other attributes he would be awesome.
I think they should keep him for another season at least or loan out to get
Prem experience, bolton would've great for him??

chrismcfc1 said:
Is it the end of the target man ?
Seems like everyone is going for the barca style of pass, pass, pass.

Not everyone... in fact just a very few teams. Bayern, Chelsea, Real, AC Milan, Man U... none of them have changed into a slow build-up possession based game.

But regarding Dzeko; if there is any chance we could get Bale, then I think it'd be safe to say we will see a different and more prolific Dzeko next year. Those two ought to work great together.

I think it's the end of the centreforward. We see less and less young strong forwards coming through the ranks. It's really only a fad. As time goes on they will come back into style as central defenders are smaller. Football is a push pull trend and what works today won't work forever.

Sounds to me like Dzeko and his agent wouldn't mind a move to Serie A but it'd probably involve City bending over at the negotiations table again and taking a big loss on him.

-

Edin Dzeko's agent believes the Manchester City striker's game is suited to Italian football, but says he would cost too much for a Serie A club.

The Bosnia-Herzegovina international joined City from Wolfsburg in January 2011 and he enjoyed a blistering start to this season.

However, Dzeko has played an increasingly peripheral role in recent weeks and has failed to score in his last eight appearances as Carlos Tevez has returned to reignite City's title bid.

Speculation has suggested that Roberto Mancini will look to offload Dzeko in the summer in order to bring in a new forward and the 26-year-old has regularly been linked with Juventus.

Dzeko's representative Silvano Martina would be happy for the player to move to Italy, but he has cast doubt on the prospects of a deal being done.

"Dzeko is a champion, although this season he has not done so well," Martina told radiocalciomercato.it.

"The City striker costs too much, so no Italian club will deal with the English club to buy him now.

"I think that Edin is very suited to Italian football, where physical and technical qualities make the difference, because these are his best qualities.

"In England, other features are more important and, for this reason, I prefer Italy."

Just depends on new tactics IF we get these wingers. It would be stupid to get wingers and then sell him, counter productive in the extreme imo.

It all depends on this imo, all other talk is redundant untill we know Bobby's plans.

Not sure why so many are rubbishing Dzeko, on here!!

What was clearly evident to me, against the Scum, was many of our attacks put the ball up into the air for our forwards to attack. If we're going to get wingers, we should expect many of the same actions to happen, also! So... Why would getting rid of Edin be a good thing??

I can't second guess Mancini, on this one, cos it's not an easy call to make, but I suspect that Edin will get another season and enough for him to adapt his game as he's been trying to do all season. After we get rid of Adebayor, we will have no height in attack. Where's the logic in that?

We are not La Liga, where footy's played on the ground, the Prem has become a hybrid of styles and, thus, we need certain styles as fall back options.

What Edin can not do is wallow in 'rejection'. He just needs to find the source of belief within himself to come on and, if needed or when starting, to show his strengths.

Stop knocking him and let him grow as a player!

seems to me on this forum if you dont like a player who dont hit the ground running and goes off the boil a bit you roast him till theres now confidence left ala samaras!!!! he could have been great but wasnt given the chance,

dzeko is a quality player who needs a good run in the side look at lescott! when he was bit part he was shite now look at him!

and regarding leaving dzeko out for the derby mancini would have been mad to leave tw@tez out in the form he was in, i hate tw@tez but understood why he played, altho after seeing how utd did a stoke with 9 men behind the ball maybe dzeko would have been a better choice, as for some reason the passes were all high balls to short strikers.

we would be crazy to get rid of him imo.

geek said:
seems to me on this forum if you dont like a player who dont hit the ground running and goes off the boil a bit you roast him till theres now confidence left ala samaras!!!! he could have been great but wasnt given the chance,

dzeko is a quality player who needs a good run in the side look at lescott! when he was bit part he was shite now look at him!

and regarding leaving dzeko out for the derby mancini would have been mad to leave tw@tez out in the form he was in, i hate tw@tez but understood why he played, altho after seeing how utd did a stoke with 9 men behind the ball maybe dzeko would have been a better choice, as for some reason the passes were all high balls to short strikers.

we would be crazy to get rid of him imo.

I didn't read anything you wrote after reading that you think Samaras could of been great
Fuck me mate you killed yourself dead with that one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.