The end of Dzeko

People talk about us needing wingers to get the best out of Dzeko and he may indeed score a few extra goals that way but there are 2 problems.

He's slow getting into the box and he doesn't compliment the players around him (too slow footed and slow minded).

We do need a Dzeko-type player, a strong forward with a bit of height but give me Cavani or RVP over Dzeko every day of the week. They're both strong, good in the air and yet quick enough, nimble enough and technically good enough to compliment the likes of Kun, Silva et al.

At another club Dzeko will do well, but not at clubs like Arsenal, Barca and City (style of football - not comparing us and Arse to Barca)

123abcd said:
Marvin said:
Stupid topic

We have 4 strikers and any top team needs 4 strikers. They can't play every week

I would like to see Dzeko play more games, although his game doesn't really suit the short passing which i think is why Mancini is favouring Aguero and now Tevez.

NO top team has 4 strikers each of whom carry names and wages like ours...1, 2, some teams even have 3. But no other team has 4 of those.
United?

According to some bosnian news portals he twitted "And now, ADIOS..." after the game. Can anyone confirm this?

didactic said:
How long are people going to use that rested when in form bollocks as a defense?

Never going to stop. Such a ridiculous argument too I can't believe people still bring it up.

I feel bad for Edin, I wanted him to succeed more than anyone (maybe not the Bosnians) this season and I thought for sure he'd deliver. He's just not suited for the brand of football we play and has looked way short of confidence lately. Probably better for everyone to let him leave this summer.

Zmajuga said:
According to some bosnian news portals he twitted "And now, ADIOS..." after the game. Can anyone confirm this?
he doesn't have twitter

bluecityboy said:
123abcd said:
Marvin said:
Stupid topic

We have 4 strikers and any top team needs 4 strikers. They can't play every week

I would like to see Dzeko play more games, although his game doesn't really suit the short passing which i think is why Mancini is favouring Aguero and now Tevez.

NO top team has 4 strikers each of whom carry names and wages like ours...1, 2, some teams even have 3. But no other team has 4 of those.
United?
Doubt hernandez and wellbeck are on massive wages and berbatov will be on his way in the summer. Imo dzeko along with ballotellu must be sold in the summer they are just to inconsistent at least with tevez and aguero you know they will be putting pressure on the defence and chasing balls even if they are having a poor games. Guidetti should also come back and he could replace dzeko with maybe another striker coming in like van persie or cavanni.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.