The end of Dzeko

I hope he stays but I think time is running out. He hasn't really fitted in to the Plan A tactics adpoted by Mancini who prefers Aguero's close control and pace playing off Silva and Nasri. On his day with the right service, he can be awesome and can score some really important goals when we need to grind out a result, e.g. Wigan away and Notts County away in FA Cup last season. What he needs is a run in the team and to form a partnership with Aguero and/or Balotelli.

All he has to do is control the ball, shield it and lay it off to a blue shirt or have a pop at goal. But he doesn't even do that. He tamely surrenders possession and we have lost a number of goals from counter-attacks after this has happened this season. No one is expecting him to beat four men and lash the ball into the top corner - just keep the fucking thing.

I really hope Dzeko leaves to Arsenal and scores 4 goals in every game he playes against City!

Dzeko deserves better treatment than this!

xadox said:
I really hope Dzeko leaves to Arsenal and scores 4 goals in every game he playes against City!

Explain

pudge said:
xadox said:

Explain
He is not a City fan, he is a Dzeko fan.

For what it's worth, I think Dzeko would be good in the right system. But that's a system we don't play, ie with wingers with pace on their correct sides.

Blue Haze said:
pudge said:
xadox said:

Explain

For what it's worth, I think Dzeko would be good in the right system. But that's a system we don't play, ie with wingers with pace on their correct sides.
That's true to an extent.

Surely a player of his calibre should be able to adapt to a teams style of play as much as the team has to adapt to them.

Yet, some will say "How has he not adapted? He's scored 18 goals this season..."

But they are then the same people who take it to heart when he gets criticized and blame poor performances on the idea that the teams system doesn't suit him, making their first argument redundant.

Also, those same people will label those who highlight this as a 'hater'/Mario 'fan boy'.....

Be a shame to see him go as he is a genuinely really nice guy and I think he has a lot of respect for the club. Unfortunately that doesn't equal 25+ goals a season.

Prestwich_Blue said:
All he has to do is control the ball, shield it and lay it off to a blue shirt or have a pop at goal. But he doesn't even do that. He tamely surrenders possession and we have lost a number of goals from counter-attacks after this has happened this season. No one is expecting him to beat four men and lash the ball into the top corner - just keep the fucking thing.

People keep going on about how we need to sign some "wingers" to get the best out of Edin. Bollocks, he has to adapt to the defence starts in attack mantra, which he hasn't shown all season. We need our front 3, or 4 as it was tonight to put the opposition defence under regular and consistant pressure. He couldn't be arsed doing that for 10 minutes tonight! He, like AJ isn't, suited to the style of play that will see us win major trophies.<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:19 am --<br /><br />
pudge said:
Blue Haze said:
pudge said:

That's true to an extent.

Surely a player of his calibre should be able to adapt to a teams style of play as much as the team has to adapt to them.

Yet, some will say "How has he not adapted? He's scored 18 goals this season..."

But they are then the same people who take it to heart when he gets criticized and blame poor performances on the idea that the teams system doesn't suit him, making their first argument redundant.

Also, those same people will label those who highlight this as a 'hater'/Mario 'fan boy'.....

Its about the team winning and although it was WBA tonight, we had 4 players, Silva, Sergio, Tevez and Nasri putting pressure on their back 4 almost all the time. It was essential to us winning by the margin we did and was the key element of the team and Silva's goal. This almost vanished when Edin and AJ entered the fray.

Zmajuga said:
According to some bosnian news portals he twitted "And now, ADIOS..." after the game. Can anyone confirm this?
I can confirm that on Facebook (and it is definitely his account) he posted this
dzekofb.png

Translation: "Now, Adio, Adio, and who knows where and when"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.