The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Wonder if anyone got a ticket V Burnley?

normally park on Bank Bridge road but parked further away v Burnley, walking back up Bank Bridge nobody had received any tickets

None given out on Briscoe Lane that I could see as I walked up

Nipped down to Coatbridge St in Clayton on Wednesday afternoon before the game to check out if any signs were up etc…the 90 minute signs are up, but had the craic with a resident (who was unfortunately a rag) who said the restrictions don’t come into force until March. She said she was still waiting on her residents permit, and until the residents had their permits it cannot be enforced. That’s what she said anyway.
This would explain why no tickets handed out on Wednesday…

Yep saying the haven’t got capacity to do it, i remember going to Monchegladbach, free buses for anyone with a match ticket and buses laid in especially for away fans
And yet the council in their infinite wisdom failed to make adding extra capacity to the network part of the planning requirements. They could have got a chunk of money out of the developer which in the long run would have benefited all of this new housing they are planning to put in.

Nipped down to Coatbridge St in Clayton on Wednesday afternoon before the game to check out if any signs were up etc…the 90 minute signs are up, but had the craic with a resident (who was unfortunately a rag) who said the restrictions don’t come into force until March. She said she was still waiting on her residents permit, and until the residents had their permits it cannot be enforced. That’s what she said anyway.
This would explain why no tickets handed out on Wednesday…
From what's been said on here, that sounds about right. Wasn't it something to do with the opening of the Co-op Live. Nobody is kept informed about anything, pretty clueless really.
I had to use the bus on Wednesday night, as usual they don't get the timing's right. The 7.30 match finishes around 9.25, bus leaves at 9.30. 8.00 match finishes at 9.55, bus leaves at 10.00, early leavers? At least the driver didn't mess about, he didn't ask for passes or payment, just got us all on board and swiftly home.

I walked back up Briscoe Ln, Grimshaw Ln and plenty of parked cars most without blue badges all without a ticket.

Some of the ones parked fully on the pavement on Grimshaw probably deserved one for shit parking!!!

I suspect that a horrible night in the middle of winter was a good excuse for MCC to give a false sense of security to drivers and come the Everton game weekend overtime will be snapped up by the "I'm only doing my job" hat wearers.

I walk and get the tram. The weather was horrible on Wednesday night so the trams were busier and slower all the way from East Didsbury where I got on. A broken rail at Exchange Square only one of the cross City routes was open further slowing the tram. More people will have to get public transport which will mean extreme pinch points where people will be packed in like sardines. We need more trams but they have said they will not provide any. This does not make sense if the Council are extending No Parking across a wider area.

Never understood why an ambitious city can't have a circle line around the outer regions. It could swing through Ancoats, Eastlands, Longsight etc towards the East Didsbury line one way. The other loop up the Victoria bit towards its Salford branches. Would surely boost the economy and get Manchester moving

And yet the council in their infinite wisdom failed to make adding extra capacity to the network part of the planning requirements. They could have got a chunk of money out of the developer which in the long run would have benefited all of this new housing they are planning to put in.
Have you spoken with planners in GM?

Most are are anti parking even on new build homes. The view is that providing less off road parking with new homes will encourage people to travel more sustainably. My view is , will it fuck, they will just have to park on the road. If people are paying £300/350k for an average 3 bed semi house, expect them to have 2 cars minimum.

They live in a deluded fantasy world with criminally outdated Local Plans.

Never understood why an ambitious city can't have a circle line around the outer regions. It could swing through Ancoats, Eastlands, Longsight etc towards the East Didsbury line one way. The other loop up the Victoria bit towards its Salford branches. Would surely boost the economy and get Manchester moving
It was proposed by a Mayoral candidate who got 2.4% of the vote in 2017. Not that exact route but a wider circle line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.