The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

For anyone who hasn't seen the other thread.

Andy Burnham, Mayor of Greater Manchester, added: “This is an exciting trial that will give Manchester City FC fans another option for getting to and from matches at the Etihad in an affordable, convenient, safe and sustainable way.

One bus will operate per route, and there will be space for an average of 80 fans per bus. Spaces will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.

Last edited:
For anyone who hasn't seen the other thread.

It's a start I suppose, but it will go no where near covering the number of supporters effected by the introduction of the extended residents scheme. The total capacity for these buses will be in the region of 1200 passengers, I would envisage that at the moment well over a thousand match going blues currently park unrestricted in and around Clayton on Ashton New Road, Clayton Lane, Croft Street, Oldfield Street, Eccleshall Street, Turner Street, Crabtree Lane, John William Street, Rushen Street and all the other uninhabited side streets heading away from the Etihad....... I wouldn't like to guess the true number of match going blues effected by these new restrictions when you take into account those who parked behind Philips Park and the cemetery on uninhabited Riverpark Road, Briscoe Lane, Bank Bridge Street and a little further afield on the uninhabited Lord North Street, but like i say its a start.

Last edited:
It's a start I suppose, but it will go no where near covering the number of supporters effected by the introduction of the extended residents scheme. The total capacity for these buses will be in the region of 1200 passengers, I would envisage that at the moment well over a thousand match going blues currently park unrestricted in and around Clayton on Ashton New Road, Clayton Lane, Croft Street, Oldfield Street, Eccleshall Street, Turner Street, Crabtree Lane, John William Street, Rushen Street and all the other uninhabited side streets heading away from the Etihad... but like i say its a start.
This Bus service is no good to me anyway..........Stuck with the 213 there and the 216 home and a long walk.

At some stage, probably when the first co op event clashes, I will get my wife to drop off and then hover waiting to pick me up after the game. This will save the 3 of us that go from paying the £15 that parking will cost next season or the best part of £20 on the useless met service that takes about double the time in a crushed tram.

I suspect this mode of dropping off and picking up will become more the norm for thousands of us. Burnham can stick his yellow lines and shit tram run by rags up his arse.

At some stage, probably when the first co op event clashes, I will get my wife to drop off and then hover waiting to pick me up after the game. This will save the 3 of us that go from paying the £15 that parking will cost next season or the best part of £20 on the useless met service that takes about double the time in a crushed tram.

I suspect this mode of dropping off and picking up will become more the norm for thousands of us. Burnham can stick his yellow lines and shit tram run by rags up his arse.
Double red lines near the stadium on the cards

Double red lines near the stadium on the cards
Aren’t they for outside hospitals and other such important buildings?

viaduct street and similar will stay permit or yellow lines and turn into waiting areas for friends and family to pick u up. By the hundreds of cars waiting on each side of the stadium, plus even more taxis than now.

There is literally not going to be any other option than that walk for miles or use one of 17 new buses or about six packed trams

I'm not for one minute suggesting that anybody takes any direct action, but it looks like either the local scrap metal dealer's been busy this morning or more than likely a savey blue arrived early with a set of step ladders. Just drove down Clayton Lane and the signs from the first stretch of limited waiting/residential parking bays have been removed making the bays unenforceable!…

Last edited:
The wardens are out hunting in pairs in Clayton

Attachments

• IMG-20240210-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20240210-WA0001.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 78
There’s gonna be a lot of tickets issued today judging by the large number of wardens I’ve seen walking from the city centre!
Why don’t the council offer match day permits?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.