The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I had to leave early from the match last night (so sue me but had a valid reason :-))

Wow, I thought there was no parking around the stadium? I was on the Yellow car park by the shop and they close the road off to the left as you come out of the gates. Turning right I thought the aliens had landed and I was in the middle of their space ship there were so many lights which I quickly realised were from cars parked on both sides of that road!!!
You follow the road round and it was the same until I got to the hump-backed bridge. No cars there just a barrier half way across but then cars all the way down both sides. Some with lights on some not. Then a medium sized (i.e. not a 54 seater) coach trying to get through and turn right. Took about 4 minutes with cars refusing to move. Then (& I kid you not, no exaggeration) 9 black cabs in a row followed by a couple of cars before I could get through.
If I'm taken ill again, I stay until an hour after the game, it will be less stressful!!! :-)

So obviously you are allowed to park once the game starts or maybe after half time? These were cars with drivers already in situ and obviously waiting. Some black cabs as well as some Street car type cabs but a heck of a lot of just cars.

I had to leave early from the match last night (so sue me but had a valid reason :-))

Wow, I thought there was no parking around the stadium? I was on the Yellow car park by the shop and they close the road off to the left as you come out of the gates. Turning right I thought the aliens had landed and I was in the middle of their space ship there were so many lights which I quickly realised were from cars parked on both sides of that road!!!
You follow the road round and it was the same until I got to the hump-backed bridge. No cars there just a barrier half way across but then cars all the way down both sides. Some with lights on some not. Then a medium sized (i.e. not a 54 seater) coach trying to get through and turn right. Took about 4 minutes with cars refusing to move. Then (& I kid you not, no exaggeration) 9 black cabs in a row followed by a couple of cars before I could get through.
If I'm taken ill again, I stay until an hour after the game, it will be less stressful!!! :-)

So obviously you are allowed to park once the game starts or maybe after half time? These were cars with drivers already in situ and thobviously waiting. Some black cabs as well as some Street car type cabs but a heck of a lot of just cars.
This is entirely as I predicted on the stadium development thread. instead of parking up in an orderly fashion on side streets many of which were none residentia, the expense and lack of capacity parking is making people get dropped off and picked up causing chaos. This will get worse with another 6000 capacity Etihad and new arena. Best thing the council could do is suspend the suspension of car parking until public transport is improved And I don’t mean a jazzed up walkway from town. Will take 10 years plus

This is entirely as I predicted on the stadium development thread. instead of parking up in an orderly fashion on side streets many of which were none residentia, the expense and lack of capacity parking is making people get dropped off and picked up causing chaos. This will get worse with another 6000 capacity Etihad and new arena. Best thing the council could do is suspend the suspension of car parking until public transport is improved And I don’t mean a jazzed up walkway from town. Will take 10 years plus
No and a jazzed up walkway from town wouldn't benefit those of us who can't walk very far. :-)

It's going to get a lot worse, at the moment these new parking bays are not being enforced and they are currently being fully utilised on a match day, but according to the Council website as from 25th March 2024 the restrictions go live https://www.manchester.gov.uk/info/...hemes/8686/eastlands_residents_parking_scheme

This is Bluemoon, surely someone knows somebody on the inside who can confirm what's going on with a proper start date.
The club or City council should be letting us all know. Apparently it's on that link.

M/c City Council said:
Applications for this scheme open on Monday 26 February 2024. Please apply for your permits in good time, as it will be live from 25 March 2024.

I had to leave my umbrella outside when it was pouring down a few matches ago. I protested that it wasn't a large golf umbrella,it was just a normal sized mans umbrella.
However, as the lady steward told me, it has a spike on the end of it, so could be used as a weapon.
So it had to stay outside in a pile of similarly prohibited brollies.
Fortunately it was still there when I came out after the game, albeit dripping wet after it rained all evening.
Fortunately the rain had stopped by then , and I used it as a walking aid on the way back home.
So you can’t take it into the ground as it had a spike on the end of it but you could walk past the away fans outside the ground and give them a few digs with it.
Typical British mentality.. no common sense at all in certain situations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.