The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Just to make things even worse, Wolves at home is now 5.30 pm which is close to the doors opening time for the Olivia Rodriquez gig at the new Arena! Brilliant…..
100+ live events per year. Something we’re gonna have to get used to I’m afraid!

Possible champions league semi and final home game v West Ham also clash with events at the arena.

Not withstanding everything that has been said about the increased zone which is spot on and is totally unnecessary, I wouldn't say it's the end of street parking within walking distance-We have found a place just outside the zone which is a 15 minute walk which is ok for us. I assume there are others depending on which direction you come in from. Obviously this is dependant on your ability/willingness to take 2X15 minute walks but it's the best solution for us.

Not withstanding everything that has been said about the increased zone which is spot on and is totally unnecessary, I wouldn't say it's the end of street parking within walking distance-We have found a place just outside the zone which is a 15 minute walk which is ok for us. I assume there are others depending on which direction you come in from. Obviously this is dependant on your ability/willingness to take 2X15 minute walks but it's the best solution for us.
I park in a different area now and time wise it's probably a further five minute walk
However the increased zone hasn't solved any residential on street parking issues. All its done is move the problem to other areas
When residents in the areas we now park start to complain, will they get their own scheme introduced!
If they do, what happens then?

How many fans have now ditched their cars and have moved to public transport?
Are the trams and buses now busier?
I get the train and walk to and from the stadium from town. I am a fit 60 year old but I appreciate not everyone is that fortunate.
Will the club build a multi storey car park to help this situation?

I park in a different area now and time wise it's probably a further five minute walk
However the increased zone hasn't solved any residential on street parking issues. All its done is move the problem to other areas
When residents in the areas we now park start to complain, will they get their own scheme introduced!
If they do, what happens then?
Yea my walk is about 5 minutes more.
I would argue it has looked to solve a problem that didn't exist, where I used to park there was plenty of spaces left even if I arrived late and residents were never anything other than pleasant so I don't think they had an issue with me parking in the street they lived.

What I don’t understand is how the new restrictions can be enforced across the whole expanded area, without loads more traffic wardens.
The restrictions around Clayton all say you can park for 90 mins. In which case they can’t just slap a ticket on your windscreen until you’ve been there for more than 90 mins, which means they need to sweep the whole area at least twice. One to clock your car initially, then again 90 mins later to see if it’s still there.
How can that possibly be enforced over such a large area?

What I don’t understand is how the new restrictions can be enforced across the whole expanded area, without loads more traffic wardens.
The restrictions around Clayton all say you can park for 90 mins. In which case they can’t just slap a ticket on your windscreen until you’ve been there for more than 90 mins, which means they need to sweep the whole area at least twice. One to clock your car initially, then again 90 mins later to see if it’s still there.

I’d guess in time they’ll probably look towards a camera system like carparks use.

I appreciate it’s a lot easier to monitor a carpark with often just one entrance and exit, than vast areas of streets. But sticking up CCTV that covers all the affected streets wouldn’t be that difficult or costly I wouldn’t have thought. Probably have paid for themselves in fines after one game.

I think the long term aim is to enforce these new restrictions with the use of vehicle's equipped with ANPR. I've seen this vehicle hunting in and around Clayton since the scheme went live.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414-135113.png
    Screenshot_20240414-135113.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.