The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I had an interesting discussion with someone high up in MCC yesterday. He told me that they installed parking restrictions on Clayton Lane at the request of residents living in the estate to the west. I told him that didn't make sense but he implied that they had to. The parking residents restrictions on the streets with no houses to the west of the Ashton New Road and Clayton Lane junction were installed at the request of MCFC who intend to develop that land in future. Again seems odd given that it is derelict and has been for many years. Interestingly he also said that MCC were in the process of buying the bits of land they didn't own so that the railway line on the Ardwick Curve Viaduct could be reinstalled. With a new station built where the old Merc now Tesla garage is. Tesla only have a five year lease and MCFC are keen on implementing this idea.

I had an interesting discussion with someone high up in MCC yesterday. He told me that they installed parking restrictions on Clayton Lane at the request of residents living in the estate to the west. I told him that didn't make sense but he implied that they had to. The parking residents restrictions on the streets with no houses to the west of the Ashton New Road and Clayton Lane junction were installed at the request of MCFC who intend to develop that land in future. Again seems odd given that it is derelict and has been for many years. Interestingly he also said that MCC were in the process of buying the bits of land they didn't own so that the railway line on the Ardwick Curve Viaduct could be reinstalled. With a new station built where the old Merc now Tesla garage is. Tesla only have a five year lease and MCFC are keen on implementing this idea.
Sure it wasn't a Ward Member? There are public reports on the parking restrictions from 3 years ago which explain it all.

Sure it wasn't a Ward Member? There are public reports on the parking restrictions from 3 years ago which explain it all.
No, but I am not going divulge who it was as he's a friend of a friend but I have no reason to disbelieve him. There may of course be more details.

Brilliant!
All we have to do is wait around seven years or so for a small proportion of a solution

Saw lots of cars ticketed on Norton Street today, in the area north of Vermillion. It’s started in earnest. At least residents have somewhere to park their cars in the middle of nowhere now.

Wednesday night will be fun.

You can build a cheap station with a small platform but it defeats the object.

The problem with multiple tickets is they can clamp repeat offenders. Now the arena is fully funding the parking enforcement there may be a lot more patrols. If there are more tickets it costs the arena less as it could be self funding.
We don’t even need a station, just get the train to slow down and we can all hop off if that helps with costs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.