The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

One of the many many problems with councils is that they spend our money going on junkets to California or Barcelona or wherever and these gullible under qualified fools see a shiny happy population cycling / roller blading / electric scootering around the place and think they’ve found a solution. They don’t consider the investment needed over many years to create a culture and an integrated system that facilitates easy non car travel they just think ooooh won’t this be good in Manchester

No it won’t you morons because it pisses down most of the time and gangs of feral thugs roam the streets ready to pounce on wannabe shiny happy people trying to save the planet or beat the traffic and steal their stuff.

Absolute madness. Will stop a lot of people bothering at all.
I travel with my mum and dad who are both getting on a bit. They already bemoan how far we have to walk when we park for Sat kos. First world problem I guess but I agree it will put some off and will just lead to further costs in terms of parking at a time when most folk are struggling financially.

The Blue Car park thing is a joke, parked there for the Villa game as I took my youngest. Is there nowt we can do as a club to ease the traffic on the way out, car park stewards were a pain on the way in with that number plate checking thing taking an age, but were nowhere to be seen on the way out, just a free for all.

You do know they are supposed to be closing that line for 2 years!

Well it is currently open and people are still driving their cars up to the doorstep of the ground, having to leave the match on 80 mins and still sit in traffic for an hour. It baffles me.

You could stay until the end, clap the players off, and lazily walk down to the tram, even waiting until the crowds have died down, get on the tram to where your car is parked, and still be closer to home than the people who left early.

When you are on the tram, you actually pass by all the people sat in their cars not moving anywhere.

Well it is currently open and people are still driving their cars up to the doorstep of the ground, having to leave the match on 80 mins and still sit in traffic for an hour. It baffles me.

You could stay until the end, clap the players off, and lazily walk down to the tram, even waiting until the crowds have died down, get on the tram to where your car is parked, and still be closer to home than the people who left early.

When you are on the tram, you actually pass by all the people sat in their cars not moving anywhere.
You can be home 20 miles away before you get on a tram if you walk 5-8 Furlongs. However they are making you walk 12-16 now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.