The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Well it is currently open and people are still driving their cars up to the doorstep of the ground, having to leave the match on 80 mins and still sit in traffic for an hour. It baffles me.

You could stay until the end, clap the players off, and lazily walk down to the tram, even waiting until the crowds have died down, get on the tram to where your car is parked, and still be closer to home than the people who left early.

When you are on the tram, you actually pass by all the people sat in their cars not moving anywhere.
Not on your way to Ashton as you’re usually in the traffic with them!

are the club involved with any of these council ideas, for the amount invested in the area you would think the club have some punch
As the council benefit from a percentage of crowd receipts up to 35k they'll still be ok whatever they do.

City need to suggest some sort of pull out of the regeneration of the area to get some leverage on this or are we actually in favour on the quiet as it'll mean more tourists who are worth much more per head than us legacy monsters?

I literally meant abandoning it (apologies if it went over your head) that seems like the only option they’re putting on the table at the minute, surely City must be considering building a multi storey on the site, I’d expect that to be a condition of the club being able to extend. Looks like initiatives such as rent a drive/parking space (like around Wembley) is something people would consider, or private agreements
Flogging a permit for a fiver could be worth well over £200 once the arena has opened!

No they don't
The agreement was renegotiated a number of years ago and City now pay a flat fee no matter what the attendance is
Thanks, I did think I'd seen that somewhere but couldn't find anything to confirm so thought I'd dreamt it.

The second part of my post still stands though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.