The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Good earning opportunity for the locals, to rent your drive out on match day for parking.
Will be interesting to see if the carparks put their prices up.
I park at St Brigids, close to Mary Ds. Last year it was £7, this season it’s £10. When I mentioned the price hike to one of the staff she said they haven’t increased prices for 7 years but that they had no other option this year. Place was still packed so I guess it’s not hurting their business.

I wouldn't mind as I don't always drive but the public transport is variable across the conurbation. If you aren't on a metrolink line for instance. Time to get my Uber license.

Ok maybe best not to steal a car, how about parking up then reporting car stolen, no tickets then it’s OK I found it, ticketed then let the Police recover it?

After you’ve smashed it’s backdoors in and fire-bombed it

I wouldn't mind as I don't always drive but the public transport is variable across the conurbation. If you aren't on a metrolink line for instance. Time to get my Uber license.
Being near a tram line is no guarantee of quality either. The old electric railway line from Bury to Victoria was many times better than the current rubbish they run.

Have City or MCC actually come up with any ideas of what to do instead of parking where people have parked for two decades?

Is there an increase in organised Park&Rides coming from all directions?
Are there going to be more buses going in all directions?
Can areas just outside the new restricted zone take on the influx of cars they’re going to get because the further out you get, the more residential it is and fewer factories and warehouses to park by?
Are there going to be more frequent Mets?

Or is it a case of, ‘we’re bringing in these restrictions and not thought for a single second about doing things to help people out’?

Being near a tram line is no guarantee of quality either. The old electric railway line from Bury to Victoria was many times better than the current rubbish they run.
Yes so I hear....the trains are rammed on my line now that Manchester is so popular for a night out.

I work in the area around the stadium and speak with local residents on a regular basis, to be fair to them our issues with parking for the match is nothing compared to the issues our parking for the match causes to them, I wont even go into the amount of videos I have seen of blues pissing up the side of their houses, weirdly normally after the match, seriously guys just go before you leave the stadium.

They were all dreading having the same issues we create every night of the week once the arena opens, and most do say the summer concerts are worse than football fans.

Whilst we may have to park a bit further away or wait a bit longer for public transport home, they cant get anywhere to park near home when they get home from work on a match day evening, cant get out if need to during a game as we park inconsiderably, some elderly residents cant get down streets on foot with their walking aids/ wheelchairs as we park on pavements and don't leave enough room for them on the pavement. Taxis just wait outside house blocking driveways from half time onwards, many leave engines running the whole time and give abuse if asked to move.

On a positive note the resident who lives near Mary D's who had 8 cans of Bud left behind her bushes before a game last season, presumably to be collected after the game, was quite happy to take them in and drink them :-)

I understand completely why the parking restrictions are being expanded, the issue is the public transport but that is fucked natinwide anyway. Is the solution for City to arrange with stagecoach (or someone else) to cover the cost of a full shift for driver including waiting time during game, and cost of buses for that time, and we get loads of them on Ashton New Road, Ashton Old Road, Oldham Road, Hyde Road, Stockport Road and Alan Turing Way, running out to places like Stockport, Oldham, City Centre, Denton, Ashton etc with reasonable charges it would stop a lot needing cars and mean those coming in from further afield can park away from stadium and get bus in spreading the parking requirements over a much bigger area?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.