The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Unless you lived there prior to it being built, you can’t possibly complain about living next to a football stadium.

I’m not too far from Tranmere’s Prenton Park and just check when they’re at home when I’m going to need the roads. It’s too far from the Merseyrail for significant crowds etc.

These streets are already covered and nearest to the stadium as no doubt you know.

Yes they are covered but for some reason traffic wardens cover them early to catch us fans and don't go back later, the taxis have worked that out and use it as a taxi rank.Council need to sort that, residents have reported it multiple times but nothing being done

With less parking in other areas there will be more taxis waiting.

Which is why public transport needs sorting out. This should have been trialled before anymore parking restrictions were implemented. LIke i said CIty and the council have no foresight and dont seem bothered about actually finding a solution
They’re waiting to see how it goes once everything is up and running. Their only communication on the matter so far is telling us the walking route back into town (which we already knew) and some mutterings about extra trams. City will be hoping that enough fans decide to use the food outlets after a game that it eases congestion on the trams and it might work for kickoffs earlier than 7pm but people have to get away quickly for games that end around 10pm. I can see me joining the early leavers this season for some of those.

Hopefully the arena goers will start highlighting the transport problems when it opens but we’re stuck with this rubbish for a while.

I have always parked in industrial areas to the north, and everything is shut now on weekends and evenings. The residential areas I pass have been restricted since day

I was just highlighting the issues residents have, nothing to do with parking just pointing out what they have to deal with every home game and maybe we should be a bit ore sympathetic to them. Would you like it if a load of people pissed outside your house every couple of weeks? I would be going mad and probably have a hosepipe or bucket ready to throw at them mid flow.

Apparently the taxi drivers get there early if pre-booked, no idea why they would wait, but maybe not much work midweek games or early doors at weekends, elsewhere round town??? I cant say it happens for sure I am in the ground I can only go off what I have been told by a lot of residents. The main issue with taxis is around Havana Close and Darley St area, so very close to stadium. And as stated in original post most of residents say concerts goers are far worse than football fans.

Its the areas that are currently outside the parking restrictions, places like Folkestone Road area and top end of North Road, that have a lot of issue with parking so extending restrictions will stop us parking there and alleviate their problems. However it is just going to move the issues further afield into areas around Edge Lane and Openshaw Village. So in 5 years do we move it again?? And be having same debate. We need a long term fix for fans and residents alike. City could have purchased the Mercedes dealership next to stadium, and turned it into a taxi rank. There just seems no foresight from the council or club regarding the transport issue to and from the ground, and it will be worse when we expand again.

A lot of residents aren't happy with the new restrictions either, the 90 mins thing all day every day especially, as it is going to be a nightmare for them having visitors. There are reports they will need to give vehicle reg for visitor passes to stop people selling on passes to parking sites, not sure how that will stop it as surely they will just ask people for reg?? I don't know for sure this is true just what some resident seem to think is happening

The new scheme is ill conceived and badly thought out.

Introducing parking restrictions to combat/deter pissed up football fans or concert goers from pissing up people’s properties simple isn't going to work, the only way to stop this anti-social behaviour is with enforcement by the police.

You mention Darley Street and Havana Close area's and indeed you are correct, they are very close to the stadium, but what you fail to mention is that they both locations and the surrounding residential area are already within the existing residents parking scheme. How will extending the boundaries of residents parking scheme deter/stop private hire or any other vehicles from waiting outside properties that are already within the current scheme?

They’re waiting to see how it goes once everything is up and running. Their only communication on the matter so far is telling us the walking route back into town (which we already knew) and some mutterings about extra trams. City will be hoping that enough fans decide to use the food outlets after a game that it eases congestion on the trams and it might work for kickoffs earlier than 7pm but people have to get away quickly for games that end around 10pm. I can see me joining the early leavers this season for some of those.

Hopefully the arena goers will start highlighting the transport problems when it opens but we’re stuck with this rubbish for a while.

You cant beat a good old wait and see plan to make sure every thing runs smoothly :-)

I got rid of my car a few years ago. Too many barriers to enjoying using it. Now bus, tram and trains for me and I walk more.
Thousands don't use a car to get to the Ethiad.

Introducing parking restrictions to combat/deter pissed up football fans or concert goers from pissing up people’s properties simple isn't going to work, the only way to stop this anti-social behaviour is with enforcement by the police.

You mention Darley Street and Havana Close area's and indeed you are correct, they are very close to the stadium, but what you fail to mention is that they both locations and the surrounding residential area are already within the existing residents parking scheme. How will extending the boundaries of residents parking scheme deter/stop private hire or any other vehicles from waiting outside properties that are already within the current scheme?
And it still won't stop blokes pissing up walls, unless they're going to stop fans from walking from/to where they've parked

I agree completely

Already replied to this, is there a reason you want me to reply again? As i said it was just to highlight some of the shit residents have to put up with, and highlight that some of us have no consideration for the people living nearby, Are you one of the people who take part in this activity is that why you seem so focused on this point?

Again already replied but I will repeat again for you - the traffic wardens go down there early and dont go back later. If they are going to put restrictions in place they need to have people to enforce them. The resident want traffic wardens to be on streets closest to the stadium from 30 mins to end of game to after final whistle. If council do that then it should stop the taxis but again will just move it as they will find somewhere else to wait. There needs to be a taxi waiting area somewhere.

You seem to have me completely wrong, Parking restrictions are not the answer. All I am saying is we all seem focused on our issues as fans, we are not seeing the bigger picture. The biggest issue here is City and the Council not sorting out THE main issue - Transport away from the ground. It has been a problem since we moved in there, and it hasnt got any better in 20 years. It is the reason people leave early.

Most on here seem to be moaning they cant park a car, what we should be looking at is how do we avoid the need to park a car so close. Germany have it sorted brilliantly. I was in Athens last week, that was sorted brilliantly to get us all away from the ground. Speaking to locals its always like that, double the trams and have them ready to go every few minutes.Why cant we do it in Manchester? Sort the trams and buses out, we wont need parking expect for elderly and disabled.

I agree completely

Already replied to this, is there a reason you want me to reply again? As i said it was just to highlight some of the shit residents have to put up with, and highlight that some of us have no consideration for the people living nearby, Are you one of the people who take part in this activity is that why you seem so focused on this point?

Again already replied but I will repeat again for you - the traffic wardens go down there early and dont go back later. If they are going to put restrictions in place they need to have people to enforce them. The resident want traffic wardens to be on streets closest to the stadium from 30 mins to end of game to after final whistle. If council do that then it should stop the taxis but again will just move it as they will find somewhere else to wait. There needs to be a taxi waiting area somewhere.

You seem to have me completely wrong, Parking restrictions are not the answer. All I am saying is we all seem focused on our issues as fans, we are not seeing the bigger picture. The biggest issue here is City and the Council not sorting out THE main issue - Transport away from the ground. It has been a problem since we moved in there, and it hasnt got any better in 20 years. It is the reason people leave early.

Most on here seem to be moaning they cant park a car, what we should be looking at is how do we avoid the need to park a car so close. Germany have it sorted brilliantly. I was in Athens last week, that was sorted brilliantly to get us all away from the ground. Speaking to locals its always like that, double the trams and have them ready to go every few minutes.Why cant we do it in Manchester? Sort the trams and buses out, we wont need parking expect for elderly and disabled.
Didn't transport for MCR say they were going to sort the trams out by having a double carriage every ten minutes in each direction, City Centre and Ashton!
So starting at zero and going to sixty, that's seven trams each way

Four hundred supporters per double x 14 trams = 5,600 people in an hour
What about the other 47,000?

Didn't transport for MCR say they were going to sort the trams out by having a double carriage every ten minutes in each direction, City Centre and Ashton!
So starting at zero and going to sixty, that's seven trams each way

Four hundred supporters per double x 14 trams = 5,600 people in an hour
What about the other 47,000?
And what about when the trams are off the road for maintenance of the tramways? Or does that just happen on the Eccles line? ;-) :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.