The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

For many years I used to live in an area with a Primary school behind my house, it was a fucking nightmare for a hour pre/post school with inconsiderate parents blocking the roads, causing crashes, scratching my car etc.

It was very much a case of if we were out we'd find something else to do rather than fight to get back home at those times so in that respect I understand what @goatfood is getting at.

Now we were under a different Council and nothing was ever done about the traffic even though many complaints were made and councillors got to the stage that they'd not even canvas in the immediate area as they'd get some shit.

MCC do seem to be proactive for local residents but there needs to be some infrastructure in place, seems that there's no thought of solving the problem, just kicking the can down the road.

I'm now nolonger a local fan, I've gone from 5 to 60 miles from the ground, whatever measures MCC bring in to help fans/concert goers locally to park and get to/from the ground (which seem to be fuck all) won't help me anyway unless big park & rides are set up, a few more trams/buses with extra crowds won't cut it for anyone. What's needed are dedicated Matchday buses from all points in Gtr Manchester including ones from the edges of the M60 & parking that is not outside houses to be still available....pigs will fly.

I'm not looking forward to probably doubling my 15/20 min walking time in the middle of winter that's for sure.

Maybe the club are complicit with the zones increasing as it'll mean less FOC's bothering to renew for 24/25 and more £££ from day trippers, cynical moi?

The new scheme is ill conceived and badly thought out.
I agree completely

Introducing parking restrictions to combat/deter pissed up football fans or concert goers from pissing up people’s properties simple isn't going to work, the only way to stop this anti-social behaviour is with enforcement by the police.

Already replied to this, is there a reason you want me to reply again? As i said it was just to highlight some of the shit residents have to put up with, and highlight that some of us have no consideration for the people living nearby, Are you one of the people who take part in this activity is that why you seem so focused on this point?

You mention Darley Street and Havana Close area's and indeed you are correct, they are very close to the stadium, but what you fail to mention is that they both locations and the surrounding residential area are already within the existing residents parking scheme. How will extending the boundaries of residents parking scheme deter/stop private hire or any other vehicles from waiting outside properties that are already within the current scheme?

Again already replied but I will repeat again for you - the traffic wardens go down there early and dont go back later. If they are going to put restrictions in place they need to have people to enforce them. The resident want traffic wardens to be on streets closest to the stadium from 30 mins to end of game to after final whistle. If council do that then it should stop the taxis but again will just move it as they will find somewhere else to wait. There needs to be a taxi waiting area somewhere.

You seem to have me completely wrong, Parking restrictions are not the answer. All I am saying is we all seem focused on our issues as fans, we are not seeing the bigger picture. The biggest issue here is City and the Council not sorting out THE main issue - Transport away from the ground. It has been a problem since we moved in there, and it hasnt got any better in 20 years. It is the reason people leave early.

Most on here seem to be moaning they cant park a car, what we should be looking at is how do we avoid the need to park a car so close. Germany have it sorted brilliantly. I was in Athens last week, that was sorted brilliantly to get us all away from the ground. Speaking to locals its always like that, double the trams and have them ready to go every few minutes.Why cant we do it in Manchester? Sort the trams and buses out, we wont need parking expect for elderly and disabled.
I agree getting away from Piraeus stadium was a doddle compared to the Ethiad. I tram to the Ethiad and walk back to town. In Athens I walked to the stadium and tram back to Piraeus harbour.

Get four people together, chip in £6.25 each and park wherever you like. The parking fine is £25 if paid within 14 days. I wouldn't do it but I'm sure some would especially if running late for the match.

You won't get clamped or towed unless you're causing an obstruction.

Didn't transport for MCR say they were going to sort the trams out by having a double carriage every ten minutes in each direction, City Centre and Ashton!
So starting at zero and going to sixty, that's seven trams each way

Four hundred supporters per double x 14 trams = 5,600 people in an hour
What about the other 47,000?
Trams every 10 mins is hopeless, needs to be every three or four mins. Hanging around waiting for trams after a night match when you are at work the next day is not appealing to anyone. I walk back to town but still have to wait for a tram at Piccadilly to Bury. I only just caught the last bus home after I got off the tram after the Newcastle game.

No, blue badge are exempt, you can park in any of the residents parking bays within the scheme for as long as you won't really, but only if you display the blue badge in the vehicle.
Great news for me - all I need is my new leg and I'm good to get back! (Serious post - not been since last October and missing it like hell). I normally park opposite Aldi on the New Road - will that still be OK?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.