The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I live over the other side of the country and always parked at the Vic. Anyone advise how much further away from the ground a can park for free?
There always used to be space up near Gorton Monastery, but loads of people will be looking for spots to park, so that might get busy now.

it‘s a 15-20 min walk.

That was my aim. A bit of lightheartedness amongst all the doom and gloom.
It's shit for match attending blues though mate.......No buses, packed then no trams.

If there was an easy alternative I'd do it. Not everyone over 65 can walk miles, or under 65 in some cases.

Looks like we’ll have to start using the paid car parks…usually park behind the cemetery but guess that’s not an option in a few weeks. Always worked as we go to the city kids thing before so park around 1130 for a normal kick off and plenty of space.

Would book City’s own parking but would like to be home before Sunday afternoon.

Daft question, do they take cards? Or will I need to stop and get some Bank of England cash on the way as can’t see your average stroppy guy in a high viz jacket being that impressed with my dodgy Scottish money.
No, its strictly cash in all the car parks near to the stadium

That was my aim. A bit of lightheartedness amongst all the doom and gloom.
I’ve genuinely considered walking the 8 miles to the stadium, actually. It would take me about an hr longer each way and save £5 to £7 but I wouldn’t need to do my exercise on that day, saving time on the treadmill. Unfortunately the others I go with wouldn’t consider it, lazy arses.

It's shit for match attending blues though mate.......No buses, packed then no trams.

If there was an easy alternative I'd do it. Not everyone over 65 can walk miles, or under 65 in some cases.

I know, I am in the same boat as I'm going to have to find a new parking spot, probably a bit further from the ground.

I’ve genuinely considered walking the 8 miles to the stadium, actually. It would take me about an hr longer each way and save £5 to £7 but I wouldn’t need to do my exercise on that day, saving time on the treadmill. Unfortunately the others I go with wouldn’t consider it, lazy arses.

I regularly walk 10 mile to work. As you say, offsets other exercise you have to do.

Or, like the Eccles line they always decide to do 'maintenance' work at the beginning of the season!!

Should be ok after tomorrow. It’s due to reopen a couple of days before the next home game against Forest.

Dunno if you’ve used it but they’ve got the replacement bus to Weaste and back pretty well organised to be fair to them. Even though it is a bit of a pain.

I never drive to the game for a weekend game, as matchdays always involves beer and meeting up with family and mates in town or wherever. However, sometimes the midweek games don't allow for too much pre-match shenanigans, so one of us have to drive, and have always parked on either Croft Street or Clayton Lane. Really don't know what we will do going forwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.