The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

It was so great being able to use my mother in law's parking permit .... two mins walk from Mary D's area, not too much traffic once the restrictions came in. Perfect.

She selfishly died, and can't use it any longer ... ffs.

They'll never know mate. Use it.

I know I've taken the piss earlier in the thread, but this is disgusting really from MCC. If someone is a selfish **** and parks over someone's driveway that is fair game for getting a keying etc., but this permit thing is a joke. It's near enough blanketed the whole area.

I can see many people contemplating giving up their tickets this season once all this comes into play. There just isn't the infrastructure around the ground to use public transport. We have visited third world countries like Greece and Turkey with City in recent months and seen better infrastructure. Rules and regulations for anything and everything in this country, stuffed shirts earning their 50k at the Council thinking they are doing a good thing for local people. The reality is this country has gone to the dogs, they want to rob normal people at every opportunity to fund the top few per cent at the top of the tree in all these corrupt government led organisations. Guessing the fines people will pay will pay for the kiddy fiddling Christmas jamboree at MCC, invite their nonce pals at GMP too.

Only the furthest part of Briscoe Lane is restricted. Up to the crossroads i.e. under the bridge is OK.
I park after grimshaw but before ten acre it’s going to be murder now, I’m not going 3 hours early to get a spot I’m going to have to find an alternative

I park after grimshaw but before ten acre it’s going to be murder now, I’m not going 3 hours early to get a spot I’m going to have to find an alternative
I Park down there and have been getting earlier and earlier to secure a spot. Nor any more, because as you say, it'll be three hours
I have found somewhere that no one seems to have cottoned on that can park there. It's a further ten minute walk but I'll live with it

They'll never know mate. Use it.

I know I've taken the piss earlier in the thread, but this is disgusting really from MCC. If someone is a selfish **** and parks over someone's driveway that is fair game for getting a keying etc., but this permit thing is a joke. It's near enough blanketed the whole area.

I can see many people contemplating giving up their tickets this season once all this comes into play. There just isn't the infrastructure around the ground to use public transport. We have visited third world countries like Greece and Turkey with City in recent months and seen better infrastructure. Rules and regulations for anything and everything in this country, stuffed shirts earning their 50k at the Council thinking they are doing a good thing for local people. The reality is this country has gone to the dogs, they want to rob normal people at every opportunity to fund the top few per cent at the top of the tree in all these corrupt government led organisations. Guessing the fines people will pay will pay for the kiddy fiddling Christmas jamboree at MCC, invite their nonce pals at GMP too.

I would if it were possible, but its registered to the address. New people in there now. Just so self centered of her dying to be honest. ;-)

Fully agree with you though, it's a cnuts trick by MCC, and sad to say, our club is complicit in it too. They really could have stuck their oar in on our behalf. But nope, they have gone along with it.
What pisses me right off, is that its done under the guise of being 'eco friendly' etc, when we know it's feck all of the sort. It is as you say, an opportunity to rob us plebs further.
Burnham and the snake down south, Khan implementing schemes to 'save us from ourselves' ....while they swan around in large cars with drivers, private jets etc.
They basically want us to stop clogging up THEIR airports, trains and roads etc. They prefer us to stay home sat glued to our TV's, tablets and phones. Ordering shite from Just Eat and Deliveroo, washed down with cheap supermarket booze hopefully seeing as many off as possible before we they draw any pensions due.
Football is seen as part of it. Get rid of the grass root supporters for the happy clappy, half and half scarf, spend a fortune in the store, and pay for hospitality packages etc ... leave said plebs watching in their armchairs.

Rant over ...

I would if it were possible, but its registered to the address. New people in there now. Just so self centered of her dying to be honest. ;-)

Fully agree with you though, it's a cnuts trick by MCC, and sad to say, our club is complicit in it too. They really could have stuck their oar in on our behalf. But nope, they have gone along with it.
What pisses me right off, is that its done under the guise of being 'eco friendly' etc, when we know it's feck all of the sort. It is as you say, an opportunity to rob us plebs further.
Burnham and the snake down south, Khan implementing schemes to 'save us from ourselves' ....while they swan around in large cars with drivers, private jets etc.
They basically want us to stop clogging up THEIR airports, trains and roads etc. They prefer us to stay home sat glued to our TV's, tablets and phones. Ordering shite from Just Eat and Deliveroo, washed down with cheap supermarket booze hopefully seeing as many off as possible before we they draw any pensions due.
Football is seen as part of it. Get rid of the grass root supporters for the happy clappy, half and half scarf, spend a fortune in the store, and pay for hospitality packages etc ... leave said plebs watching in their armchairs.

Rant over ...

Agreed. City were never going to front MCC in support of their fans as this would have negatively impacted the recent planning application for the North Stand, which in turn would hurt City financially. I work with such organisations very closely, that is how it works.

City are mitigating the issue by expanding the north stand and providing 200 electric bike stands.

MCC claim fans will use other transport options available, even though for some people they are not available, could add 4 hours onto the day if they are and end up costing about 5 times as much.

In reality the problem is being displaced from empty streets in the new zone to residential ones outside the restrictions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.