The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Depends what the Arena host also. There are daytime shows and evening shows for productions often aimed at children, Walking with Dinosaurs, Disney Princesses on Ice with high set up costs so there will be 4 shows over a weekend.

Stuff like tennis is on all day, boxing and MMA will start earlier around 5pm. If events were staggered on weekends there may be some chance of requesting to play away on the worst dates. It won't be easy to arrange though and once it gets to Jan if in two LC semis then one of the teams has a replay, all bets are off.
Well I never thought I’d see the day when you posted about Disney Princess on Ice!!!

This isn’t really true though is it?

We may know which week cup games are possible. But we don’t know whether they’re going to be Tuesday, Wednesday or even Thursday until very near the time, for midweek games.

For weekend games we have no idea if they’re going to be Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday.

For European games, we can’t even be sure which competition we’re going to be in a year in advance, let alone which days we’ll be playing.

If you were planning concerts for 2025 now and put a line through any dates where a City home game was not possible from August onwards, you’d probably be looking at about a dozen days tops.
Well done I couldn't be arsed typing all that out.

I’ve lived away throughout most of my active support and, if I was going now, then I’d still be walking back to Piccadilly or maybe Victoria.

Feel very sorry for those who drive or rely on the tram. We’ve worked hard for our money and going to the match shouldn’t involve stress getting there and back.

I’ve lived away throughout most of my active support and, if I was going now, then I’d still be walking back to Piccadilly or maybe Victoria.

Feel very sorry for those who drive or rely on the tram. We’ve worked hard for our money and going to the match shouldn’t involve stress getting there and back.
It’s the connections people have at the other end that cause the problem as services can be scarce or have ended for some night games. If you’ve already walked 2 miles from the stadium to Victoria, another mile or two or more from the destination tram stop isn’t appealing at night especially. If the idea is to get people out of their cars then they need to offer better public transport as an alternative. I’m trying to be green but they don’t half make it difficult. Even the TfGM journey planner recommends I drive part of the way, but if I am travelling by bus/tram I need alcohol to cope so that’s not happening;)

That said, Burnham’s buses are being improved, slowly. Extra services being added to the timetables in Bolton and Bury, just have to hope they actually do turn up. The secret with buses seems to be know every single permutation of routes and bus connections to avoid getting stranded. The recommended 90 min service for me is only every half hour but the longer 2-bus 2hr route is every 15 mins so better if there’s a breakdown or such.

Or I’ll just drive the 1hr route and pay the parking fee somewhere. Still probably the cheapest option when you factor in no beer bought.

I’ll be fucked if they stop all cars I am a wheelchair user and it’s a fucking nightmare to use public transport. Mind it took me ages to get out of blue car park but at least I was comfortable.

I’ll be fucked if they stop all cars I am a wheelchair user and it’s a fucking nightmare to use public transport. Mind it took me ages to get out of blue car park but at least I was comfortable.
There’ll always be parking close by for people in your position, I’d almost guarantee that. Most of the discussion on here I would say is for people who are able to transfer to public transport. If they got the public transport right then it would vastly improve getting of the car parks one would hope.

blue badge holders are exempt I think

There’ll always be parking close by for people in your position, I’d almost guarantee that. Most of the discussion on here I would say is for people who are able to transfer to public transport. If they got the public transport right then it would vastly improve getting of the car parks one would hope.
I'd swap to public transport no problem....however the buses are every hour and stop at 7.30 pm for my estate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.