The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

Night matches will definitely be an issue for me when this goes ahead. I’ll have to sack them off.
Sadly I don't think you'll be alone in that. I used to live night matches but now all I can think of is how I am going to get home, esp if I am in work the next day.

I got the tram to Ashton for the first time on Saturday.

Made me chuckle. Only in the UK can a tram get held up in traffic!!

Dunno about that. Been in a few abroad that have crawled along with the traffic.

A few years ago in Basel, we were stuck on one for well over half an hour as it tried to get through City Centre rush hour traffic and it turned out we could have walked it in about 10 minutes.

Will without doubt be clashes TV games for November, around 8 weeks away aren't sorted yet, CL & cup draws etc will cause havoc later this/next season....

Can you imagine (hehe) Take That cancelling the 14th night of their month long residency as we're playing Burton Albion in the Caribou Cup?
We know the dates for the cups and league around a year in advance though. Its not difficult to plan no gigs on nights where there are cup / league games planned. In the few instances where we don't know the dates the gigs will have a steady flow beforehand and then finish half an hour to an hour after the match.

Last edited:
We know the dates for the cups and league around a year in advance though. Its not difficult to plan no gigs on nights where there are no cup games planned. In the few instances where we don't know the dates the gigs will have a steady flow beforehand and then finish half an hour to an hour after the match.
We'll see, dates of games change at very short notice sometimes & there's no way the venue will leave umpteen blank dates 'just in case' we may have a home game and that's even allowing for big name band tours being planned years in advance.

We know the dates for the cups and league around a year in advance though. Its not difficult to plan no gigs on nights where there are cup / league games planned. In the few instances where we don't know the dates the gigs will have a steady flow beforehand and then finish half an hour to an hour after the match.
So that clashes with the idea of managing supporters leaving the area by offering food and drink to allow tram queues to shorten.

We'll see, dates of games change at very short notice sometimes & there's no way the venue will leave umpteen blank dates 'just in case' we may have a home game and that's even allowing for big name band tours being planned years in advance.
Thats exactly what they are planning there are more blank days than event days. There will be clashes but they will be limited to maybe a couple a season and day games / night gigs which won't cause issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.