The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

So you can’t take it into the ground as it had a spike on the end of it but you could walk past the away fans outside the ground and give them a few digs with it.
Typical British mentality.. no common sense at all in certain situations.
sharpened off brollys in the 70's..........sharpened steel combs

My thoughts on that are that's applications for residential permits I think?

The bays and signage are up and could be enforced in pockets at anytime tho.
yeah I know.............no fucker knows what's actually going on.

I've stopped driving to the match now and get dropped/picked up.

sharpened off brollys in the 70's..........sharpened steel combs
If you remember in the early 1970s pulp fiction book " Suede head" ( by Richard Allen) , Joe Hawkins joined up with other London Suedeheads ( that supported other London teams besides West Ham ) and the little crew that they formed went by the name of " The Marylebone Martyrs".
And there weapon of choice was a sharpened umbrella.

If you remember in the early 1970s pulp fiction book " Suede head" ( by Richard Allen) , Joe Hawkins joined up with other London Suedeheads ( that supported other London teams besides West Ham ) and the little crew that they formed went by the name of " The Marylebone Martyrs".
And there weapon of choice was a sharpened umbrella.
and remember chopper?

It must be a source of great comfort to residents who live near Greenside Road off Clayton Lane, where there are already residents parking permits, to know they can now apply for a permit to park further away.

So can you still park on Ashton new road until 25th March then?

It looks that way, they can't really start enforcement of new residential bays until they've issued permits to all of the eligible residents who meet qualifying criteria for a permit. I read somewhere that the new scheme will included an additional 3500 properties in the Clayton area alone, if all of new eligible resident applies for only one permit each it will take weeks to process the applications, so yeah, I would have thought parking on the New Road will continue until at least 25th March.

So you can’t take it into the ground as it had a spike on the end of it but you could walk past the away fans outside the ground and give them a few digs with it.
Typical British mentality.. no common sense at all in certain situations.
Plus all those nesh media types with their brollies up on the pitch. Poor little darlings but they can take their brollies right into the ground. What if a fan grabbed the brolly off them as they walked down the steps and threatened someone. (Tongue in cheek there. Not expecting it to happen, City fans too polite for that nonsense.) :-)

I had to leave my umbrella outside when it was pouring down a few matches ago. I protested that it wasn't a large golf umbrella,it was just a normal sized mans umbrella.
However, as the lady steward told me, it has a spike on the end of it, so could be used as a weapon.
So it had to stay outside in a pile of similarly prohibited brollies.
Fortunately it was still there when I came out after the game, albeit dripping wet after it rained all evening.
Fortunately the rain had stopped by then , and I used it as a walking aid on the way back home.

Send your mate through first then out of site of the umbrella police hand it through the railings.

My thoughts on that are that's applications for residential permits I think?

The bays and signage are up and could be enforced in pockets at anytime tho.

Can’t really be enforced whilst none of the residents have got their permits. Now the signs are up, every residents car currently parked within the zone would be getting tickets every day…

My take on the Council’s website is the residents have got from 26th Feb til 25th March to get their permit sorted, and from 25th March if you ain’t got a permit (ie: us match going blues), you’re getting a ticket

Traffic wardens are definitely active on match days too, have seen them against Burnley and Everton recently next to Asda opposite CFA checking disabled badges, and also around Clayton Hall in the original no parking zone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.