The English Pirlo. That man from Hastings

The reason I dont rate him is because he is so poor. He will have 1 good game and then be shit for the next 5 games. There is games were you look at him and you expect him to boss the game and he gets over ran and out played. Slow as fuck and if we want to go to very top we need better than Barry. Yes he looked good against Swansea but when the big games come he is one of those players I would rather not see in our team. I will eat my hat if he starts ahead of either De Jong or Yaya if we sign Nasri.
Also if we were to get rid of him I cant see him getting into the team of other top 4 teams or Liverpool and Spurs. Just one of those players that will split most fans views in my opinion the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Classic case of a previously underrated player being overrated by those who noticed he was underrated. If that makes any sense.

leighton said:
The reason I dont rate him is because he is so poor. He will have 1 good game and then be shit for the next 5 games. There is games were you look at him and you expect him to boss the game and he gets over ran and out played. Slow as fuck and if we want to go to very top we need better than Barry. Yes he looked good against Swansea but when the big games come he is one of those players I would rather not see in our team. I will eat my hat if he starts ahead of either De Jong or Yaya if we sign Nasri.
Also if we were to get rid of him I cant see him getting into the team of other top 4 teams or Liverpool and Spurs. Just one of those players that will split most fans views in my opinion the sooner we get rid of him the better.

Face-meltingly poor opinion.

"When the big games come he is one of those players I would rather not see..."

Remember Chelsea at home? How about the semi-final? Watch them again, and revise your statement accordingly.

Barry's role in the side cannot be understated. His ball retention and positioning is second to none in our squad. When we have the ball on the wing, there is always one man on the edge of their box ready to collect it via the short pass, and play someone in in a better position. No, he doesn't have blistering pace. But his intelligence means he doesn't need it. He was never intended to be a goalscorer anyway. And if we didn't have him in the team, we would be A LOT more susceptible to the counter attack.

Pirlo's been an instrumental player in winning 2 Champions League and 1 World Cup.

City need another central midfielder if they want to win the Champions League. Barry will simply not cut it in the latter stages of the Champions League. City need Sneijder.

If Barry gets dropped and De Jong still stays in the team, I will be astonished.

Without Barry we struggle, as shown in recent games.

This video sums up the difference between Barry and De Jong:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 ish as Swansea just dispossess Silva and break.

Notice which player (out of Barry and De Jong) is further forward then watch as one of them is bypassed and saunters back with no urgency whatsoever as the other busts with every sinew in his body in an attempt to stop Swansea.

De Jong makes Hollywood tackles.

Barry does 5x that.

leighton said:
Everyone has a player you have an irrational dislike for, my Dad didn't rate Shay Given.

kennycar said:
leighton said:
Everyone has a player you have an irrational dislike for, my Dad didn't rate Shay Given.
Is your dad Mancini?
With regards Barry. I think he is a good squad player. To win competitions like the CL you need a player on the next level. In my opinion, Barry will do a job for us this season, but i think Mancini will be looking for a new star for Barry's role next season.

Damocles said:
It's simple.

Most football fans in England require their midfielders to use constant vertical passing as they have grown up around a direct style of play. If they aren't constantly passing forward, or breaking legs in tackles, they cannot understand what their job on the pitch is thus conclude that they are shit. Carrick has the same problem at United yet both these guys are England regulars in Champions League teams and paid £100k+ a week.
I........agree.

Well said.

Sabster said:
If Barry gets dropped and De Jong still stays in the team, I will be astonished.

Without Barry we struggle, as shown in recent games.

This video sums up the difference between Barry and De Jong:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/Manchester-City-4-Swansea-0-extended-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

Watch from 4.50 ish as Swansea just dispossess Silva and break.

Notice which player (out of Barry and De Jong) is further forward then watch as one of them is bypassed and saunters back with no urgency whatsoever as the other busts with every sinew in his body in an attempt to stop Swansea.

De Jong makes Hollywood tackles.

Barry does 5x that.

Woah woah hold your horses mate.

I'm a huge Barry fan, but are you saying Barry's better than De Jong??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.