The Executive Leadership Team

The post was originally about the Exec Leadership Team.

There are bound to be discussions and questions about where Mancini is taking the team.

Although it is easy to blame the new manager it should be noted that too many players are 'playing by numbers' and doing the obvious.

If in doubt go back, for example.

As a student of football (I study it and am always learning, for those who don't understand me) i see one glaring problem with the team, the link to the manager and coaching staff.

We need a real, vocal captain.

Mancini will be manager of Manchester City for the start of the 2010/2011 season IF we are a Champions League side.

He wasn't given any money to spend in January because A) no one will sell unless you pay over the odds and B) we didn't need to spend, we already have a squad capable of getting into the top four.

fbloke said:
The post was originally about the Exec Leadership Team.

There are bound to be discussions and questions about where Mancini is taking the team.

Although it is easy to blame the new manager it should be noted that too many players are 'playing by numbers' and doing the obvious.

If in doubt go back, for example.

As a student of football (I study it and am always learning, for those who don't understand me) i see one glaring problem with the team, the link to the manager and coaching staff.

We need a real, vocal captain.

I cannot see beyond Vincent Kompany next season. He just needs to stay fit! I also think he is a player that we will do well to keep if we miss out on a top four place - he is as good as anyone around on his day and still the right side of 25. He is intelligent (his English is also excellent) and has a presence about him - he looks like he wouldn't suffer fools! Having played in midfield and defence he probably has a good overall handle on the game. Although you might make a similar case for Gareth Barry, he does not seem vocal enough - not leadership material! But that's just my opinion!

BillyShears said:
However, anyone with two eyes who has been to recent matches will tell you there is somewhat of a morale problem within the squad. Players are as baffled as the supporters by the tactics, by the sudden omission of players like Ireland and SWP, by the sheer bloody minded negativity of the football being played...

Results are one thing - but if performances don't improve, the results will eventually turn too...

That, my friend, is what my eyes are telling me.

Mancini is stabbing about trying different players in different systems, often several times per game.

The players look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. They look confused and pissed off with it. Footballers need things simple and in my opinion, need to get used to looking for each other and to a system. Barry needs to know "If I win the ball, I give it to Ireland or Tevez". Richards needs to know "If I belt forwards, SWP will stay and cover". Adebayor needs to know "When I hold it up a supporting midfielder will become available" etc

The continued ommission of quality players and, as we are starting to see now, the age-old-classic Manager preferring his own signings, is a major concern to me.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
However, anyone with two eyes who has been to recent matches will tell you there is somewhat of a morale problem within the squad. Players are as baffled as the supporters by the tactics, by the sudden omission of players like Ireland and SWP, by the sheer bloody minded negativity of the football being played...

Results are one thing - but if performances don't improve, the results will eventually turn too...

Mancini is stabbing about trying different players in different systems, often several times per game.

The players look like they don't know what they're supposed to be doing. They look confused and pissed off with it. Footballers need things simple and in my opinion, need to get used to looking for each other and to a system. Barry needs to know "If I win the ball, I give it to Ireland or Tevez". Richards needs to know "If I belt forwards, SWP will stay and cover". Adebayor needs to know "When I hold it up a supporting midfielder will become available" etc

The continued ommission of quality players and, as we are starting to see now, the age-old-classic Manager preferring his own signings, is a major concern to me.

Hey, what would I know Dave. Apparently the football is negative because of the players, not the manager...;- )

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

Who are these quality players that Mancini is overlooking for Patrick Vieira and Adam Johnson?

BillyShears said:
Hey, what would I know Dave. Apparently the football is negative because of the players, not the manager...;- )

Which clown said that?

The players would play a 1-0-0-10 formation if they got their way, fighting to put it in the net.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

Which clown said that?

The players would play a 1-0-0-10 formation if they got their way, fighting to put it in the net.

Just go back a page...and it was you that called him a clown, not me...;- )

Bongo Joe said:
There is a problem if we don't get 4th. They've bigged it up so much that that's what we're going for this season.

Mancini does need to get it right and he does need to sort it out because we're very poor right now. After the Blackburn and Wolves wins I don't know why anything had to be changed, we looked really good in those games.

MH beat those two as well, with an inexperienced team!! Cook out! Marwood out! Mancini out! We need one of the old City players in as CEO as they would do the right thing for the club, unlike the ex Nike men, who are only concerned with feathering their own nests! We need Jose in (as a decent replacement for Mancini) because Jose understands the EPL!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.