The FA cup and Refs!

The referee was piss poor today . This was the same referee who helped Liverpool get a draw at are place last season . I hope we never see Taylor referee another Manchester City match in the future .

citymad said:
Got the feeling he was really rooting for Wigan to get through, almost like he was happy to give decisions in non dangerous areas to make it look impartial. Of course thats stupid to think that but it just felt that way.

same here.

felt like every 50/50 went their way. At one point i thought he was itching to send yaya and nasri off.

He was shite but our goal looked offside to me.I thought the linesman was going to disallow the goal at one point,wonder if Taylor overruled him.

Niedermeyer said:
I'm convinced there's a conspiracy against us with the rag ref today just the latest in a long line of 'factors' aimed at curtailing our chances of success. So disappointed.
Lol.

Anyone looking to blame the ref for yesterday needs to man up and accept we were simply shit for the part of the game that mattered the most. If we had Anthony Taylor, season ticket holder in the Bell End, we would have still lost.

We were poor, it's as simple as that.

Pigeonho said:
Niedermeyer said:
I'm convinced there's a conspiracy against us with the rag ref today just the latest in a long line of 'factors' aimed at curtailing our chances of success. So disappointed.
Lol.

Anyone looking to blame the ref for yesterday needs to man up and accept we were simply shit for the part of the game that mattered the most. If we had Anthony Taylor, season ticket holder in the Bell End, we would have still lost.

We were poor, it's as simple as that.
Correct. Mike Summerbee reffing that game would have had his work cut out engineeering a win for us.

bennyboy said:
He was shite but our goal looked offside to me.I thought the linesman was going to disallow the goal at one point,wonder if Taylor overruled him.
It was offside. More so than the geordies' goal against us that was ruled out (Tiote?).

blueinsa said:
My issue is free kicks and yellow cards week in, week out suddenly are let go and waved on.

Players expect a certain amount of consistency and get used to what's is and what isnt allowed yet we get games like today when some **** decides to make it up as he goes along and its only ever going to favour one side which invariably isn't us.

How can a player get elbowed in the face, which draws blood and get a yellow fucking card for his troubles?
Refs and consistency....two words that just don't go together....someone posted on here a couple of weeks or so ago that all the talk of triples and quadruples, there was two blokes with flags and one with a whistle who would ensure it didn't happen....we were shit yesterday but so was the ref and linesmen on the east stand side got offsides wrong on more than one occasion

Not responsible for our result but...... For many weeks we have been hacked down with no attempt by refs to curtail it. They 'let the game flow'. Trouble is no bookings and our players start to wait for the tackle from behind instead of the quick flowing passing. No bookings means repeat offenders time and again. The game does not flow as a result and the wear and tare on our players mounts. We do not crowd the ref but you can see the frustration mounting in our players. Our style of play demands fair protection from refs. We have not been getting it recently. Cloggers win, creative football loses.

blueinsa said:
Fuck it, rant time.

we see it time and time again that the cheating cunts suddenly decide to apply a different set of rules because its the FA cup.

That twat today was a complete fucking joke with some of the tackles going in certain free kicks and yellows had it been a PL game yet because its the cup, fuck all is given and yet again, we are on the end of the shitty stick decision wise.

no wonder the players where going fucking mental and to cap it all off, edin gets an elbow which draws blood and he gets a yellow fucking card given to him!?

Fucking cheating wankers!

Antony Taylor from Wythenshawe who supports Altrincham, My arse

The one thing I would moan about was the added 5 minutes. The ball spent about 4 of those out of play. Not saying it would've made any difference but when the Wigan players were clearly time wasting, it should've added on *something*.

Thought NONE of the goals were kosher today!

Their pen was a joke, although not as big of a joke as Gomez' dive late in the game, Lescott is offside, and Clichy is fouled when the attacker takes his right foot away as he is about to kick the ball.

Not one for blasting refs, especially after such a poor 60 minute performance, but he was dire as were some of the offside calls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.