The FA cup and Refs!

We lost because we were shit, not because of a poor ref, we had 95 minutes to take care of Wigan and we failed miserably. Done and dusted now so we need to move on and take care of our remaining games in the PL

mannycity said:
Anthony Taylor is a rag,he lives in Winton Eccles fact.

His partner sells fake UGG gear and all the rest of it fact.

I had heard that he is no longer with said partner who allegedly sells fake UGG gear. He is a Rag 100%, when he was with said partner he wore Rag shirts and the two sons of the partner support United. I believe that when he completed his FA forms he nominated Altrincham as the team he supported. He gave us nothing and lost control of the game, punished city players quickly with yellow cards and was lenient on Wigan players coming right through the back of our lads. He is a cheat and a Rag cheat. That said we have to play against 12 men most weeks

The lack of a booking for the tackle from behind on Negredo summed the whole game up, anyone who can explain that please feel free....

Especially considering Toure got booked 30 seconds later for a tackle from behind with far less force.

That's cheating, that's bias and that's the kind of refereeing we're seeing time and time again this season - AGAIN!!!

Ps... We lost because we were shit, not questioning that fact.

Anthony Taylor did the prize-giving at my sons' school this year ... he gave a (in my view) slightly odd talk to the kids about always going for what you want in life, being ambitious, not accepting coming second, etc. It was a bit odd as usually on these occasions you say "It's the taking part that counts", "as long as you do your best you can look at yourself in the mirror" etc, but he was having none of that.
It was about setting targets and achieving them.

He also told us all about how he had set his own goals in life and so far had achieved them all - he is obviously ambitious. He used to referee teacher-student games when he was still at school, apparently, so refereeing has obviously been an interest for a long time.

In the Q&A afterwards, a kid asked him if he supported a Premier League Club and he looked a bit sheepish and muttered something about "no, not really" and still looking out for Altrincham's results. I think he knew what the questioner was getting at and he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

He was also asked for his favourite ground but he skirted around it a little - if memory serves he said something like "The big grounds with the big atmospheres are always a great experience, like St James and Old Trafford".

Was born in Wythenshawe and has been mad on football since he was a kid, so it seems entirely possible that he might support (or at least feel close to) a certain local football club.

Certainly he never does City any favours, and it was the same again against Wigan, I'm afraid.

Wolfy said:
The one thing I would moan about was the added 5 minutes. The ball spent about 4 of those out of play. Not saying it would've made any difference but when the Wigan players were clearly time wasting, it should've added on *something*.
I think it's only to be expected that a team clinging to a one goal lead is going to try every trick in the book to run the clock down.

To be fair though, I was quite surprised to get 5 minutes - I couldn't fathom where that came from.

He was fucking useless... when I got to the game I saw Kevin Friend and thought ffs not him (he must have been 4th official), when I realised it was fucking Taylor I'd have wished for Kevin Friend!

Useless and inept the whole game.. the only thing he got right was the pen (which was a pen albeit a soft one). Waved play on time and time again as Wigan players grabbed and pulled on Silva/Aguero/Nasri/Yaya.. yet when a City player did the same on the Wigan players who threw themselves to the ground he'd give a free kick. He booked Milner for his first foul, Yaya for a foul after he'd let a worse challenge go less than a minute before.

Gave Wigan a free kick near the corner flag in the second half when Silva went in to tackle one of their players, fell to the ground, then said Wigan player realised it was running out (having touched him last) so threw himself up in the air and went down in stages, it was an awful dive. Again in the second half Espinoza had already gone in late once or twice, then when they tried to counter but he over ran it he dived (no touch or tackle near him, which used to be a yellow card as I recall) and fuck all was done about it. He finally got booked in the 94th min.

Added to the fact it took him near 80 odd mins to book Carson for time wasting from the off.

Granted we were piss poor first half and wasted our chances second half to get back into it. But it doesn't help when the official in charge isn't doing his fucking job properly which in turn breaks up any sort of momentum we had.

What's going to be worse is the fact that Wednesday's ref isn't going to be any better.

RyanP3609 said:
He was fucking useless... when I got to the game I saw Kevin Friend and thought ffs not him (he must have been 4th official), when I realised it was fucking Taylor I'd have wished for Kevin Friend!

Useless and inept the whole game.. the only thing he got right was the pen (which was a pen albeit a soft one). Waved play on time and time again as Wigan players grabbed and pulled on Silva/Aguero/Nasri/Yaya.. yet when a City player did the same on the Wigan players who threw themselves to the ground he'd give a free kick. He booked Milner for his first foul, Yaya for a foul after he'd let a worse challenge go less than a minute before.

Gave Wigan a free kick near the corner flag in the second half when Silva went in to tackle one of their players, fell to the ground, then said Wigan player realised it was running out (having touched him last) so threw himself up in the air and went down in stages, it was an awful dive. Again in the second half Espinoza had already gone in late once or twice, then when they tried to counter but he over ran it he dived (no touch or tackle near him, which used to be a yellow card as I recall) and fuck all was done about it. He finally got booked in the 94th min.

Added to the fact it took him near 80 odd mins to book Carson for time wasting from the off.

Granted we were piss poor first half and wasted our chances second half to get back into it. But it doesn't help when the official in charge isn't doing his fucking job properly which in turn breaks up any sort of momentum we had.

What's going to be worse is the fact that Wednesday's ref isn't going to be any better.

I had a pretty good view of it from my seat and i didn't think it was a pen. Mind you 80% of the pens given these days aren't pens. The refs/sky are ruining the game.

Do some people not remember what a Dick Brendan Rogers made himself look when he was suggesting they were cheated because a ref from the greater Manchester area reffed our game? It just makes us look bitter and looking for excuses. I'm sure most refs have a team they prefer or are particularly not fond of every week but they are paid a lot of money to act impartially and if they are found not to be, then they will risk being dropped and thus affecting their livelihood.
The fact is with the players we have and the money we've spent we should have been able to win the game even if David moyes was reffing. And even with our second team for that matter. So dropping a couple of players shouldn't have made that much difference. On the day we were shit and deserved to lose and the players need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise they need to start to earn their wages.
And our goal was blatantly off side. I don't see any way of defending the decision to allow it

bacuzzi said:
RyanP3609 said:

I had a pretty good view of it from my seat and i didn't think it was a pen. Mind you 80% of the pens given these days aren't pens. The refs/sky are ruining the game.

I was sat the in 123 level 1 so couldn't see it properly at the time. Although having watched the highlights it's reckless from Demi.. it's soft as I said but you can see why it was given and if it was on a city player I'd have been saying a pen.

You are right though a lot of pens given nowadays are soft/harsh pens... some players seek them (Wellshite/Sterling/Suarez) which is an awful aspect of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.