The FA Cup Final City Vs Wigan Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a strong team out against Swansea and we managed to shuffle the pack somewhat so fitness won't be an issue.

I'm going for a tight start, we should dominate but as usual fail to take chances but i think the man who always does it for us will do it again as Wigan tire out, 1-0 Yaya.

After this and the final couple of games the lads need to get on holiday, chill out and hopefully with a stronger squad next year we can take United apart in the charity shield.

The years of typical city still weigh heavy on my shoulders! I know we should win it, but i am nowhere near 100% confident. There is always the potential for us to fuck it right up!

CTID1988 said:
The years of typical city still weigh heavy on my shoulders! I know we should win it, but i am nowhere near 100% confident. There is always the potential for us to fuck it right up!
Too right there is, i'll only be confident if we're 3 up with a minute to go.

Im not as confident about this one as I was when we played stoke in the final....wigan are good going forward and will hit us on the break.

my team would be

------------Pants----------

Zabba-----Kompany---nasty-------clichy

--milner------yaya--------barry------

----------------silva

---------aguero------tevez

id be tempted to start nasri over milner but im just going on the slighter more cautious approach

subs: richards, hart, rodwell, nasri, dzeko, lescott, milner/nasri

Martinez has the awful dilemma that he has to keep even more of an eye on his next game against Arsenal than he had to do before they lost the other night to Swansea. Potentially, he could have let the Arsenal game slip by if they had the points from that Swansea match, and concentrated more on the Cup Final, but now, having thrown that one away against Swansea - which must have demoralised them - he knows that if they get nothing at Arsenal in the next league game, they're relegated.
They may put the strongest team out and go for it for an hour, but, by all accounts, that Wembley pitch - and the occasion - are stamina sapping; we're used to it, and their players aren't. They're staring at relegation and must be 'down' from the other night. Also, he's going to need his top boys - Maloney, Macmanaman and Kone - to perform at the Arse the following Wednesday, so I think some of them will be off before the end.
We all remember cup shocks from years gone by, and I hesitate to tempt fate, but........

So there you have it. No doubt about the result.
1-0 win for Wigan
:-)

karen7 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Rammyblues said:
On tonights showing and players rested I reckon

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Nasty
Clichy
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Tevez.

Unlucky for Jimmy, Micah and Lescott but IMO that is who will play.

Don't agree - I think tevez,nasri and milner were playing last night for two berths. The fact he left tevez on the pitch,whilst substituting the other two told me that they will play and not tevez:

PANTS
ZABALETA
KOMPANY
NASTISIC
CLICHY
BARRY
YAYA
MILNER
SILVER
NASRI
AGUERO

CITY 3 WIGAN 1

someone wasnt paying attention

ha ha, well spotted! I was paying attention, but only to the bowl by my bedside - poorly so not there! went on match discussion stuff..........In that case - milner wont play and tevez will...............

I have to think that on paper, with City playing with full concentration and commitment, City should win it.

That said, Wigan players (fringe or ever present) are playing for contracts, their future (think of the Final as a global shop window), and for pride. They have alot of players who give their all, wear their club jersey with pride and rise to big games. They're in good form too. Are City?

I think it'll be a cracker of a game.

I cannot wait.

ANY1aBLUE said:
karen7 said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Don't agree - I think tevez,nasri and milner were playing last night for two berths. The fact he left tevez on the pitch,whilst substituting the other two told me that they will play and not tevez:

PANTS
ZABALETA
KOMPANY
NASTISIC
CLICHY
BARRY
YAYA
MILNER
SILVER
NASRI
AGUERO

CITY 3 WIGAN 1

someone wasnt paying attention

ha ha, well spotted! I was paying attention, but only to the bowl by my bedside - poorly so not there! went on match discussion stuff..........In that case - milner wont play and tevez will...............

hope you are feeling better?

Rammyblues said:
On tonights showing and players rested I reckon

Hart
Zab
Kompany
Nasty
Clichy
Barry
Yaya
Silva
Nasri
Aguero
Tevez.

Unlucky for Jimmy, Micah and Lescott but IMO that is who will play.

Will be Pants, no doubt about that.

karen7 said:
Super David Silva 21 said:
Pantilimon: "The technical staff knows that after the season is finished I want to leave. I don't know if Saturday will be my last game.

has he done an interview?where is it please

This.

If he wants to leave after this year then personally I think we should fuck him off and play Hart instead. I thought the whole point of giving him FA cup games was to help him develop and convince him to stay. If it's done neither then there's no point in playing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.