The FA Cup Final - if..........

Pam

If those Pelligrini rumours had not surfaced on cup final day (or at any time before) or if there was nothing to them, MCFC would have another trophy in our cabinet now. If the players thought Bobby was staying come what may, they would have won that game because there would be no upside in for them not doing.

Does anyone think this is true?

Pam said:
If those Pelligrini rumours had not surfaced on cup final day (or at any time before) or if there was nothing to them, MCFC would have another trophy in our cabinet now. If the players thought Bobby was staying come what may, they would have won that game because there would be no upside in for them not doing.

Moot point, I'm afraid Pam

I fear that there was more to this than just a press release at the wrong time

Pam said:

The rumours did us no favours.

For one it ruined the feelings of lots of blues if the Green Man was anything to go by.

"you can stick your Pelligrini up your arse" was sung most

To be fair rumours about Mancini's future had been going on since the day he joined and I doubt that it would affected the team like Zabba and Barry both said.

Also Wigan played us off the park at the Etihad and we got away with a good result which was mainly down to their poor finishing and a piece of magic from Tevez.

Wigan beating us in the final was no fluke, they were the better side on the day and have proved that they can be a match for most sides when they turn up. Unfortunately we did not turn up and made it easier for them but I would not say it was because of the rumours.

Performances like the final against Wigan have happened to many times this season for us to blame a certain incident IMO.

Pam said:

Any player that does not want to win a F A CUP final should be selling programes outside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.