The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was having a good chat to Terry on the way to Istanbul. Knows a few of the boxers I grew up with, Gomez and Wayne Rigby. Absolute top kid, no edge to him whatsoever. He was in a bit of a state like, but that's no crime. If it was I'd be on a life sentence with no parole.

If a player is hurt something would be done... at least something should be done (I'm only imagining that a fence seems the most likely but maybe it's something else).
Valuing 1 player hurt over 96 fans dead, can you imagine the Dippers reaction?

This sort of thing has been going on for as long as I've been going to football. While I don't condone people going onto the pitch, I can understand how it happens when celebrating a goal in a moment of passion/excitement. He's not done anyone any harm. Take the passion out of football and it will be like our end at the Community Shield this year, dogshit.

People saying things like "what if he had had a knife", these type of posts are riduculous and could be applied to anything. He didn't, you have to judge people on what actually happened, not what if's.

He will probably get a ban, some of the lengths of bans for this type of thing seem excessive to me. The punishment should fit the crime IMO, and someone getting a bit excited doesn't warrant more than a 6 month ban IMO, even though he will probably end up getting longer.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is castigated the guy. Just some people think he should get treated the same as everyone else and some people think he shouldn't.
Personally I don’t think anyone should be copping a 3 year ban for celebrating a goal with a player, regardless of whether it’s Terry Flanagan or anybody else. If a fan goes on the pitch and attacks a player, however, that’s deserving of a lifetime ban

In 2016 we had a champions league game postponed vs Borussia Monchengladbach due to the rain. We got stuck in the unicorn in town and got talking and ended up spending the night with Terry's dad. What a brilliant bloke he was! One of the funniest nights out I've had in a long time
His dad is funny as fuck. Saw him at a wake a few years back - a proper character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.