The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a question for all those who are saying he is wrong for going on the pitch.......
Were you at City v Bury when a fan ran on the pitch and threw his season ticket at the team?
(Allegedly City posted it back to him a couple of days later)
The point being, emotion is football. Take that emotion away and you have... what? Chess?
He didn't have a knife, covid or a tactical nuclear weapon. He had what the fan v Bury had, passion. He loves the club. Emotion is not a criminal offence despite what the Premier League and the government want you to think.
I think that was a lad from Marple, called Tague?

Seriously?

No, I am asking a serious question. I haven't ever run onto the pitch but I fully understand why fans do it. Football, no City is a passion. I won't tell the stories about Barnsley and QPR, both away. Ipswich, away when I ran down the aisle from row 145 and only got stopped by a barrier, otherwise.... I am not and never will be a violent person, this bloke, who I do not know, wasn't either. It was a spontaneous reaction.

I do get the point here but ultimately going onto the pitch has been an offence for a long while now. If people really can’t restrain their passion or emotion to not break laws then they can’t complain if there’s consequences.

If he did it in full awareness of it, then fair play to him!

Here is a question for all those who are saying he is wrong for going on the pitch.......
Were you at City v Bury when a fan ran on the pitch and threw his season ticket at the team?
The point being, emotion is football. Take that emotion away and you have... what? Chess?
He didn't have a knife, covid or a tactical nuclear weapon. He had what the fan v Bury had, passion. He loves the club. Emotion is not a criminal offence despite what the Premier League and the government want you to think.
I remember a crutch being thrown

I was there, right in front of me in the Platt lane end or umbro stand or whatever it was called then. They'd have a job posting it back he ripped the fucker up lol. I believe they offered him a new one. That game was voted the worst ever City game somewhere and I wouldn't disagree and I've seen a few bad ones.

I agree they've sanitised football and probably all walks of life too much now. The problem is there have been a fair few high profile pitch invasions where the ones doing it have been up to no good. Do it now and you're fucked, automatic ban which could be extended to a life one if the club take a dim view of it. In this case I doubt that will happen. Unfortunate for him he's so well known so he can't really get out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.