The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the insult?
Because he hasn't got an answer to the fact that certain City fans will condemn a dipper for pushing someone into a fountain but then refuse to condemn, and will even applaud as commendable passion, someone for running onto the field of play during a match,(an illegal act) jumping on and potentially injuring one of our players because they happen to be a City fan.
Now, while some would call that sticking up for one of our own, others would prefer to call it what it actually is, hypocrisy.

Because he hasn't got an answer to the fact that certain City fans will condemn a dipper for pushing someone into a fountain but then refuse to condemn, and will even applaud as commendable passion, someone for running onto the field of play during a match,(an illegal act) jumping on and potentially injuring one of our players because they happen to be a City fan.
Now, while some would call that sticking up for one of our own, others would prefer to call it what it actually is, hypocrisy.
Deary me you must be a barrel of laughs at the game! What a shit comparison

jesus

That is not true… at all. A fact can be the description of generally held opinion. In this case, the generally held opinion of Liverpool fan behaviour on the forum.

And passion is passion. It is not vague; I am using the word used by many in this thread to not only excuse the fan’s behaviour but to argue that they should face no consequences for their behaviour. I don’t have to give examples of other acts of passion, as we are talking about a specific one others have described as an “act of passion”.

Again, it seems you are using (perhaps unintentionally, based on misunderstanding) a logical fallacy common to debate: broaden and obscure the subject of the discussion to make your position stronger. That is not valid, no matter how many different ways you try to achieve it.

We are talking about a specific incident and I am talking about specific responses (defences) of that incident, and why they are faulty, both logically and from the perspective of most blues on this forum (of which I have been a member far, far longer than you, so may have a better understanding of the prevailing opinions on it).

I don’t think there is any point to you and I continuing to debate this, though, as we are either having two completely different good faith discussions, or you are having one bad faith debate with me (attributing an argument to me I am not making in any way).

So I will just assume the former is true, and say I am not interested in that separate discussion right now (which may have some validity if it is about the broad perception of other fans and their motives for behaviour).

Don't bother, mate.
Walk away.

If you can’t see the difference between a scouse bully pushing an innocent local into a fountain and a happy City fan celebrating a goal with our players then there’s no hope for you, just going round in circles now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.