The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he hasn't got an answer to the fact that certain City fans will condemn a dipper for pushing someone into a fountain but then refuse to condemn, and will even applaud as commendable passion, someone for running onto the field of play during a match,(an illegal act) jumping on and potentially injuring one of our players because they happen to be a City fan.
Now, while some would call that sticking up for one of our own, others would prefer to call it what it actually is, hypocrisy.
You need to get out more - another sad twat making false equivalences

You’ve just said nothing, with a lot of words, so it is ironic you’ve brought up narcissistic defence mechanisms. And are still making a completely different argument to mine.

My argument is based on fact: generally held opinion that Liverpool fans—more than most other fan bases—believe they should be able to act in passion without consequence.

The evidence is the collective understanding, especially on this forum, of Liverpool supporters acting that way, which no reasonable observer would argue against (that is, argue against the forum generally feeling that way about Liverpool supporters). And the many posts in this thread effectively arguing that someone acting in passion should not face consequence (as you say, in this particular instance, which has to be applied to all instances, otherwise it is an especially invalid argument within logic and reasoning).

Yours is… I am actually not sure. Semantics, perhaps? Logical fallacy demonstration? Strawman argument construction?

At any rate, I know a mod will be along to tell us to take it to PMs soon, so I am going to do my best to disengage from the debate, barring any especially belligerent response.
Has anyone said that Terry shouldn’t face consequences?

People are simply saying there’s nowt bad about with what he did. Yes, he’ll get a ban from it but it was a lighthearted bit of fun that people shouldn’t be getting all arsey about calling him a clown like the OP or a **** like Karen.

It might be against PL rules but it was funny to see, brought a smile to everyone’s faces at the time including the players.

Because he hasn't got an answer to the fact that certain City fans will condemn a dipper for pushing someone into a fountain but then refuse to condemn, and will even applaud as commendable passion, someone for running onto the field of play during a match,(an illegal act) jumping on and potentially injuring one of our players because they happen to be a City fan.
Now, while some would call that sticking up for one of our own, others would prefer to call it what it actually is, hypocrisy.
There’s no equivalence to any Liverpool fan examples posted in this thread, to this incident.

None.

If he’d ran on the pitch and confronted Álvarez for that miss at 1-1, maybe people would be on their way to getting to a Liverpool fan equivalence.

Last edited by a moderator:

People are simply saying there’s nowt bad about with what he did. Yes, he’ll get a ban from it but it was a lighthearted bit of fun that people shouldn’t be getting all arsey about calling h

Has anyone considered the possibility that it wasn't a spontaneous act of "passion" at all, but a carefully planned act for publicity reasons? It was certainly quite an effort to hurtle over all those hoardings to get on the pitch ....

Just asking as the thread was cooling down a little :)

Has anyone considered the possibility that it wasn't a spontaneous act of "passion" at all, but a carefully planned act for publicity reasons? It was certainly quite an effort to hurtle over all those hoardings to get on the pitch ....

Just asking as the thread was cooling down a little :)
Haha fight in an empty house 2023 entrant.

People are simply saying there’s nowt bad about with what he did. Yes, he’ll get a ban from it but it was a lighthearted bit of fun that people shouldn’t be getting all arsey about calling him a clown like the OP or a **** like Karen.

It might be against PL rules but it was funny to see, brought a smile to everyone’s faces at the time including the players.
Yes, quite a few have argued he shouldn’t face a ban (of any length) for invading the pitch and/or making contact with a player, thus why I felt the need to state my position as to why that is a highly problematic stance to take.

Yes, quite a few have argued he shouldn’t face a ban (of any length) for invading the pitch and/or making contact with a player, thus why I felt the need to state my position as to why that is a highly problematic stance to take.
He's their mate tha knows.

pVaj9AyGJBzO.gif

If there was a poll on this thread it'd be interesting...for example

Should he get a ban?
  • Yes
  • No
If there is a ban should it be..?
  • The same as anyone else who jumps on a pitch and touches a player
  • More lenient because the players enjoyed it, he's a decent blue and/or no one was hurt
  • More harsh because he leaped on an unsuspecting player and could have hurt him and/or it promotes more people doing this
What do you think of his actions?
  • Excusable in the circumstances
  • Inexcusable (eg people should know where to draw a line on their actions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.