The fans are bigger at Spurs

We didn't bottle anything.

Keep telling yourself that as you look up at the yawning chasm between yourselves and actual success.

We came to Man City, we were second in the league, with the best defensive record in the league, your team were wounded and out for blood and we were on a hiding to nothing,

Except nobody said that. All predictions by most observers pointed to your lot winning. After all, we couldn't beat Everton. We have a weakened side through injuries and are relying on playing an outfield largely resembling that which played under Mancini.

5 out of 10 of our players you lot faced played in that game against QPR back in May 2012. How many of your squad played back then? How about any other team in the top 5?

You lot were the favorites and I can understand why you'd find this tough to believe because you looked absolutely ordinary at best, shite at worst.

we didn't turn up,

And that should worry you, unless, of course, you don't care about being anything other than perennial also-rans.

our worst performance of the season by a distance and we still didn't lose.

I dunno mate, you were pretty shocking against Leverkusen and Monaco.

Bottled it against Chelsea at the Bridge too.

We did what top teams do, and if we don't play well we grind out a result.

You did what lucky teams do: win off an offside goal following a disallowed stonewall penalty/red card.

You'd think you came alive and dug in to get the points. Nope, it was still all City. In fact, technically, we saw more of the ball after your second goal. Shouldn't you be worried that your lot were content with just a draw against such a porous defence?

Yes Wimmer made mistakes,

Top defender, that.

Of course, he only made 2 of the 5 errors leading to goal scoring opportunities made by your defence. Eric Dire was another liability in that regard, alongside losing possession more than any other player on the park.

Your team exposed nothing, we just didn't play well, we are still one of the most consistent and hard to beat teams in the league. You have a great attacking line up, fielded what 6 attackers or something,

So what is it, you either played poorly or were shown vulnerable to the high press and attacking formations.

we were ripped apart at times,

From the first minute until the last you offered nothing.

You had Gael Clichy standing right there, a complete liability (as noted in your first goal) and he still made more successful tackles and aerial duals than your entire defence combined. But he wasn't really troubled at all. Harry Kane didn't even have a single touch in the box in the first half, not even one.

Why? Because you didn't have the chance. You were exposed to attacking football and by the time Pochettino, a manager with all the charm and wit of a pebble, had time to react and change the dynamic it was already too late.

Oh but next up is Sunderland, right? I'm sure you'll see a return to form there and you can pretend that Klopp won't be licking his chops to push more errors out of your back line and keep Kane quiet through the high press in a few weeks time.

mainly by our own stupid passing in defence

"How with a straight face can you call Spurs defence error prone?! hahaha"

Right.

yet you still needed two cock ups to score.

Yet you needed the referee and foul play, admitted by the very player, to get anything.

Conveniently forgetting the rest of the season where we have conceded a total of 5 goals from open play all season. That doesn't happen by luck.

Laughable.

Let's look at some actual statistics:

Lloris this season has faced on average 9.5 shots per game
Bravo this season has faced on average 8.2 shots per game

Your brilliant defence is letting more efforts go on goal than our hapless, aging back four. If anything this shows how good your keeper is, but not your defence.

Ah, but you want to argue that City's possession-based play is more attune to having less shots conceded per game, right? Wrong. In fact, City's defenders have made an average 13 interceptions per game, far above the Spurs number of 9.

I don't think City have a great defence, far from it, but that only highlights how ordinary you lot have really been. Time to wake up and smell the third place.

If it wasn't for Lloris making two rare errors you wouldn't have scored and we'd have come away with a 2 nil win.

That's not how football works.

Here's a better hypothetical: if a penalty and red card were given as should have been, you'd have come away twenty minutes earlier.

On recent form though I'd prefer Kane, and you have to admit his goal scoring record since he made his debut is outrageous.

Sure, nobody denies that. Recent form certainly he's been more potent than Aguero, but every striker goes cold every now and then, Kane too.

And no you would not be able to have any of our squad in a City shirt if you wanted. That is just ridiculous. There isn't a single bit of evidence to back up that fanciful claim.

There's plenty of evidence for it, unless you want to suggest Spurs can provide incentives to match City's finances, infrastructure, trophy haul and chance to develop under the best coach in football?

Considering you keep spending hundreds of millions to find a CB who is any good, spent 50 million on Stones,

Because Pep wanted John Stones.

and we have two far superior CBs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, why don't city snap their fingers and sign them? Or sign Lloris? Or Rose or Walker? If it's that easy....

Going to be a fun Summer.

We can all play that game:

If it wasn't for Sterling not getting a penalty after being shoved in the back by Walker
If it wasn't for Kane not being flagged offside in the build-up to your 2nd goal
If it wasn't for our keeper being caught in no-man's land when Alli scored your first
If it wasn't for all those chances we created not hitting the back of the net.......

We'd have won about 8-0.

Kane wasn't offside.

Pochettino's comments about the non-penalty are laughable.

Where is the honesty in the game? Why couldn't he say that, yes, they got away with one there?

It annoys the fuck out of me, Wenger with his didn't see bollocks also annoys me.

Nothings going to change it so just be man enough to admit the incorrect decision was awarded.

I think it shows everything about the two clubs in the way the fans reacted at the end of the game. The City fans were gutted to have only drawn and see another 2 points slip away, the spurs fans celebrated like they had taken all three points. Spurs were the team who needed the 3 points, but they dropped a further 2 points behind Chelsea. Yet they celebrated like they did. Small time mentality and attitude which comes with decades of winning pretty much nothing. Big club my arse.

Spurs are one of the biggest names in football, we invented good football with the push and run style of the 50's. First British side to do the double last century, first British side to win a major European trophy.

Last edited:
We didn't bottle anything. We came to Man City, we were second in the league, with the best defensive record in the league, your team were wounded and out for blood and we were on a hiding to nothing, we didn't turn up, our worst performance of the season by a distance and we still didn't lose. We did what top teams do, and if we don't play well we grind out a result. Yes Wimmer made mistakes, his first game for about 6 months, away at City, not the easiest game to bed in. Your team exposed nothing, we just didn't play well, we are still one of the most consistent and hard to beat teams in the league. You have a great attacking line up, fielded what 6 attackers or something, we were ripped apart at times, mainly by our own stupid passing in defence, yet you still needed two cock ups to score. I love how you seem to judge the whole Spurs defence on one game. Conveniently forgetting the rest of the season where we have conceded a total of 5 goals from open play all season. That doesn't happen by luck.

If it wasn't for Lloris making two rare errors you wouldn't have scored and we'd have come away with a 2 nil win.

No I am not saying Kane is a better player than Aguero, I rate Aguero so highly. Best striker in the league. On recent form though I'd prefer Kane, and you have to admit his goal scoring record since he made his debut is outrageous.

And no you would not be able to have any of our squad in a City shirt if you wanted. That is just ridiculous. There isn't a single bit of evidence to back up that fanciful claim. Considering you keep spending hundreds of millions to find a CB who is any good, spent 50 million on Stones, and we have two far superior CBs in Alderweireld and Vertonghen, why don't city snap their fingers and sign them? Or sign Lloris? Or Rose or Walker? If it's that easy....

One of the most ridiculous things I have ever read. Football, and life in general, doesn't work like that

I think it shows everything about the two clubs in the way the fans reacted at the end of the game. The City fans were gutted to have only drawn and see another 2 points slip away, the spurs fans celebrated like they had taken all three points. Spurs were the team who needed the 3 points, but they dropped a further 2 points behind Chelsea. Yet they celebrated like they did. Small time mentality and attitude which comes with decades of winning pretty much nothing. Big club my arse.

Tin hat time - I think almost every set of fans would be upbeat after coming from 2-0 down to secure a 2-2 draw, and the fans of the team that had been 2 up are clearly going to be downbeat. I remember the Maine Road derby in October 1990 when we were 3-1 up with a little over 10 minutes to go, only for United to score twice and come away with a 3-3 draw. Their fans were ecstatic and celebrated like they'd won the league whereas we were utterly pissed off and felt like we'd lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.