The Fantasy Thread (no not that you perv)

Yeah, Sci fi never has really done much for me. The hirus heresy books appeal a bit just because there are a million of them so if I could get I to them I'd be set for ages, but I just don't really care about the space catholics
I played Shadow of the Horned Rat back in the day, its still one of the best rts games i have ever played

I played Shadow of the Horned Rat back in the day, its still one of the best rts games i have ever played
Jeez, that takes me back. There were a few decent Warhammer RTS games back then, as I seem to remember Dark Omen being good as well, and maybe Battle March a bit later? After a quick glance it looks like they must have opened up the licence for Warhammer games as there seems to be millions now, of pretty dubious looking quality, but back in the old days they were pretty reliably decent. (My brother still plays the original Chaos Gate and swears by it as the best Xcom style game ever made)

Books:
The Hobbit; Lord of the Rings; The Silmarillion
Tigana
Earthsea Trilogy

Movies:
Lord of the Rings
Spirited Away
The Princess Bride
The Wizard of Oz

Games:
Witcher 3
Morrowind

His favourite series of all the books he has written. Mine too.

TV series will begin filming later in the year by the same people who did discovery of witches.

Fingers crossed.
Watched the first series of Witches then it seemed to take ages for the next with lockdown and I forgot all about it, might give them ago again, how many series are they upto now?

Captain Scarlet. Not Thunderbirds.
Indeed. A far better programme.

Any love for Mr Pratchett on here?

I have all the books, met him a couple of times, lovely bloke but a bit cantankerous, have a few signed first editions and have never read his last one, The Shepherds Crown, as that would mean closure...something I'm not willing to do. Yet. Sad fuck. The Sky tv adaptations were not bad but the abortion of Night Watch, my favourite book, needs removing from the world.

Also...

Red Dwarf. Books are fine but the TV series hit a purple patch for a while. Love that show.

And finally,

Douglas Adams.

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy and all it's spin off's are great but I absolutely adore the Dirk Gently series. I say series but it was only 2 books with a 3rd never to see the light of day. The BBC radio version of Dirk with Harry Enfield is rather good.

I used to play the Discworld games but they made no sense whatsoever, never read any of the books though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.